Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shillzz

I suppose I'm completely on my own then in liking that line up.

I'd like it if the 532/352 wasn't such a shambles last season.

Fair point. But have a look through this thread, the majority are predicting at cricket score and yet then criticise a strong looking formation with a more defensive look to it. I suppose the manager can't win.

With Gabby out, we don't really have much choice. There's not a single player on the bench who I really want to see in the starting line up at the moment. The alternative would have been to play Lowton and push Bacuna into midfield, but that didn't work ever so well against Liverpool.

to sit back would assume we have good defenders. We dont. No point sitting back.

To be fair to Lambert.. no matter what we put out today we would most likely get beat.

I think hes hoping for a 0-0 draw. 2 clean sheets in a row? Good luck Brad!!

I think its the best team he can pick to be honest. Looking at the bench, I don't think there is anyone else you could bring in.

The other thing is, he's picked a team of "strong" players, and I think this is because City bullied United on Sunday, so at the very least I expect us to be competitive. I reckon we might pose a danger from set pieces if Bacuna can get his delivery right....

Strangely, I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now than I was before I saw the teams!

This is going to be one of those matches where the gap between a team with ambitions of staying up, and a team with ambitions of trophies, is shown up in stark clarity. They're going to waltz through us and knock in a handful barely breaking a sweat.