Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shillzz

The team pretty much picks itself for this one I suspect. Those who will inevitably (and understandably) be calling for Sylla to start will be disappointed, there's a good reason KEA was taken off at half time against Spurs. Barring any further injuries then I would expect us to line up as follows:

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Luna

Westwood Delph KEA

Weimann Kozak Gabby

• Like 1

The team pretty much picks itself for this one I suspect. Those who will inevitably (and understandably) be calling for Sylla to start will be disappointed, there's a good reason KEA was taken off at half time against Spurs. Barring any further injuries then I would expect us to line up as follows:

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Luna

Westwood Delph KEA

Weimann Kozak Gabby

Yes that will probably be the team. Lowton didn't do enough to justify a recall. Albrighton did enough last night to at least be on the bench. I'm not over confident. Without Benteke we don't look the same force. However if Delph and Westwood come back our midfield is miles better.

Not looking forward to this game one bit. I fear our 4th straight home defeat of the season and things will be looking pretty glum if it happens.

City's win last week will have given them all the confidence they need to turn up here and play good, attacking football that we won't be able to live with.

Aguero is a certainty to get amongst the goals.

Not looking forward to this game one bit. I fear our 4th straight home defeat of the season and things will be looking pretty glum if it happens.

we beat Rotherham after Liverpool game. If include Spurs game you have to include Rotherham game ;)

Can't see anything other then a loss and a comfortable one at that. If we could keep the deficit down to two goals then it will be a partial success. 1-4 to them though I'd predict. My team would be:

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Bennett

KEA Sylla Delph

Weimann Kozak Gabby

May as well go back to 4-3-3 as we would be absolutely mullered trying to match them with a 4-4-2. Although I don't think he was very good yesterday, Sylla is the only player who could possibly cope with Toure, so he may as well start. Rest of the team picks itself I'd say.

we almost certainly wont touch this formation or these players but i would want this:

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Bennett

Clark

Sylla Delph

Albrighton Agbonlahor

Kozak

Clark is on form and can play further up the pitch, i think we're gonna need all the help we can get in that defense so a good defensive minded player sat in the middle would help us greatly. I think Sylla and Delph are the best athletes we have in midfeild so will be able to run round all game and Delph is penned in for me as long as fit for this season. I dont think Albrighton deserves to be dropped to play like that after barely playing for a year and being injured, coming up against a Tottenham team that could genuinely challenge this year, if he's getting the ball in 2-3 times during the game, with Kozaks heading ability we have a slim chance of a goal. Agbonlahor is always going to cause problems if he can start running, but if not fit then give the job to Tonev and tell him to use common sense when on the pitch his shooting and pace, dribbing is a real asset his desicion making destroys that though.

Not to mention that Vlaar and Baker together are pretty static in movement and can be played through easily. Good against more direct physical teams, would get torn apart against a team like City.

Have to go 3 midfielders if we don't want this to be embarrassing. If we really want to hit them on the counter, I think we drop Kozak and just go full speed up top.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Luna

Sylla Westwood Delph

Tonev Gabby Weimann

Have to go 3 midfielders if we don't want this to be embarrassing. If we really want to hit them on the counter, I think we drop Kozak and just go full speed up top.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Luna

Sylla Westwood Delph

Tonev Gabby Weimann

I think Kozák's knock ons and hold up play will be more useful to the team.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Luna

Sylla Westwood Delph

Tonev Gabby Weimann

I'd have a front three of Helenius, Gabby and Weimann/Tonev. I think Helenius just needs game time and he'll become a very good player

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Luna

Sylla Westwood Delph

Tonev Gabby Weimann

I think Kozák's knock ons and hold up play will be more useful to the team.

A very relevant point. Just a matter of which one you want to go for. I think with Gabby and Weimann in the side, we won't get a lot of good deliveries so we might as well just ditch that and use Gabby, Andi, and Tonev's speed to cause problems. We're not going to get much of the ball anyway.

I think Helenius will come good too, but City isn't the place to start him.

Whyzat? The only controversial choice is Gardner. I believe without Benteke we need to change the system. So I've gone from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1. It strengthens the midfield in numbers against one of the most attacking sides in the league. And I believe Gardner is every bit capable of playing the attacking central role, in my view as good as anyone else at the club. Now some might take that as an indictment on Lambert's transfer policy but either way, come Saturday, it's what I'd like to see. Not what I expect to see.