Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

• 4 weeks later...

Talking of Wasps.

Looking forward to the London Irish game at the Ricoh on Sunday. The 30% discount for JLR peeps wasn't to be sniffed at!

They've sold (?) 27k+ tickets, so it will be interesting to see what gates they get for their subsequent home matches.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Six nations starting on Friday and it's one of the best sporting competitions around. It should be a good game to open on Friday. The English team is one of the worst I can remember and the welsh team is only okay. I predict a tight welsh win, and relatively big wins for France and Ireland.

Bump.

Six nations starting on Friday and it's one of the best sporting competitions around. It should be a good game to open on Friday. The English team is one of the worst I can remember and the welsh team is only okay. I predict a tight welsh win, and relatively big wins for France and Ireland.

You were wrong about this England team even before last night.

Great performance. Haskell was man of the match for me, such an underrated force of a man. Ford looks the biz as do Brown and Young's again.

It's an inexperienced side, but it's a good-un.

A client of mine offered me a couple of free tickets for the game last night but had to decline due to my current medical condition. Gutted  :(

Great win by England  :)

What a result and a truly gutsy performance. All I'd been hearing in the lead up to the game was how the Welsh were going to "smash" us and Roberts and Davies would destroy our centres [emoji23]. And apparently the English are the arrogant ones! Great to see Robshaw stand up to the dirty tricks before the game, too. Joseph is a gem.

Solid win for Ireland. Plenty of injuries but complacency was probably more of a factor. Italy typically decent until their discipline inevitably let them down. Ireland never really troubled and never really got out of first gear. More to come.

Scotland looked decent but 'just short' was said about 10 times by Cotter in the commentary, and the two words sum them up.  France have a heap of talent but no structure. Why Parra doesn't start is beyond me - he's probably the best 9 in the NH at dictating a game.

England remain the ultimate pragmatists and I expect them to win the tournament.

Wales too predictable and need to find a bit of creativity.

• Like 1

while not very exciting to watch I think Ireland are probably best tactically drilled team in 6 nations. very well organised and disciplined

If only Schmidt had access to the backs Ireland had 10 years ago then it might be different

France are a big ugly team. Ireland could handle the ugliness, but struggled  when they started playing rugby, which they did when Parra came on. Seriously, he's probably the 2nd best scrum half in the world (behind Genia), so why doesn't he start? France with Parra got to the WC final, without Parra they have been hopeless. Genuinely baffling.

Do England play them home or away?

Anyway, Ireland v England will probably decide the tournament. It'll be a battle. Fancy England to nick it at this stage. Ireland just struggling in the backline a little whereas England have found the spark that has been missing for the past 10 years, although it does mean they have a pretty average defence.

• Like 1

Â