Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

Wales by 14+

England hammered by injuries, very frustrating.

What a boob. England depth impressive but Wales were poor.

Ireland have looked very good, can't wait for that game in a few weeks.

Unsure on Jonny May, ferociously fast, but flits in and out of the match and I didn't like him defensively even before that Italian boffed through him. The question to ask... is it worth sticking with him so he's more prepared for the WC. I think it is but he must improve.

• Like 1

So pleased for my Lad. Playing a good standard in the Local under 12's team. Well anyway, tonight in training he brought the coach down with a perfect tackle. Now this guy was playing back row for Exeter seconds only 6 years ago. So he's still big and fit. He got a cheer, the first one to bring down a proper grown up. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has there ever been a more lucky team than the Welsh under Gatland???

Really looking forward to the 'title decider' this afternoon - surely the winner of today will pick up the Grandslam/Championship?

• Like 1

Has there ever been a more lucky team than the Welsh under Gatland???

Really looking forward to the 'title decider' this afternoon - surely the winner of today will pick up the Grandslam/Championship?

Championship definitely but England still have France to play if they win today. As awful as France are, they can still win when you want to beat them the most.

Congratulations, Ireland. Fully deserved win.

England second best to pretty much everything. Could do with learning to bloody catch for a start. :)

Edit: Disappointing that England didn't come out and pick it up early in the second half like they did in Cardiff.

Edited by snowychap

England were absolutely awful. Pleased to see that headbutt on Healey though, wonder if Dan Cole was thinking of that incident a few years back when Healey tried to break his ankle.

Ireland deserved winners as took their chances and put points on the board whenever the opportunity rose, whereas England conceded possession cheaply when in good positions.

England choked a little in front of the Irish crowd and gave away too many poor free-kicks and penalties too.

Mike Brown was a huge loss today as Goode was nothing like his name..

Would've liked to have seen the forward pass to Nowell again at the end although it wouldn't have affected the final result but could make a difference to the whole Championship with goal difference. Thought the ref was quick to call time straight after. 

• Like 1

So pleased for my Lad. Playing a good standard in the Local under 12's team. Well anyway, tonight in training he brought the coach down with a perfect tackle. Now this guy was playing back row for Exeter seconds only 6 years ago. So he's still big and fit. He got a cheer, the first one to bring down a proper grown up.

Must be a big strong fella for his age is he? I'm sure it's pretty exciting thinking what the future might hold there especially as he's at a decent level already

Must be a big strong fella for his age is he? I'm sure it's pretty exciting thinking what the future might hold there especially as he's at a decent level already

He is big and strong. To be honest they play him in the wrong position, He plays prop, but he's too tall for that, and too fast. But because he is so strong they rarely lose a scrum. When a couple of others bulk up a bit, he can probably move to flanker, which the coach and I think will be his best position. And he prefers making a big tackle to scoring a try. 

We played a game a while back and the opposition had a huge Fijian playing for them, in the backs. He went off crying after one big hit. It lifted our team no end. Turns out he was huge and fast but soft as shite

• Like 2

I'm no lover of Rugby, but someone please tell that that wasn't an entertaining game?

The ball was in the middle of the pitch most of the time, rarely any try scoring moments and not many kicks.

I'd like to go see it live, as I get over most of my sporting ignorance by watching whatever sport I think is boring live (see, Cricket, Snooker, Darts etc.) - always really good live.

(see, Cricket, Snooker, Darts etc.) - always really good live.

:crylaugh:

But to answer your question, no it wasn't particularly entertaining yesterday.

It was interesting, in the same way a low scoring game in football can be interesting without ever being exciting. 

Edited by Stevo985

Â