Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

They still look like a team trying to figure themselves out, which is quite worrying a year out from a WC.

Biggest problems are that the back line isn't balanced, and Farrell isn't a commanding or creative enough 10.

When they play the old game of battering teams through the middle, they are still very effective.

I agree and disagree.

They do look somewhat confused and Farrell seems, to put it bluntly, to have gone to shit. Get Ford in there from now on. I couldn't disagree more about the old stereotype a lot of other home nation supporters seem trot out about us 'battering teams up the middle'. Our greatest successes under Lancaster have been achieved playing in quite the opposite way.

I felt for Lancaster in his interview on Sky just now... He was put under pressure and seemed genuinely rattled and struggled to answer certain questions. However, it ended very interestingly when he said that the last couple of games have shown him a lot about certain players being unable to compete at the highest level (or words to that effect). Would be very interested to know who he's referring to...

• Like 1

Well they're not going to win the world cup are they. Was that ever really on the cards? Making the semis would be a fantastic achievement. I'd say they are still a team very much in transition and it's not easy to predict when that transition will come to fruition, if ever.

Of course the cynic could suggest they have been in transition for a decade, I'd say they just weren't very good for many of those years.

It was a really good game against the Boks today.

That England didn't make their possession count in the first half was crucial. The number of times they fumbled and knocked on was unacceptable at this level.

England are half a step away from being a very good side - unfortunately, they've been half a step away for the last year or so and they don't seen to be reducing that gap.

I like Lancaster and I think he's got the goods to get over that line - there's something stopping him, though. I hope it isn't Farrell and Farrell jnr.

Â