Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

(see, Cricket, Snooker, Darts etc.) - always really good live.

:crylaugh:
As I said, i get over my sporting ignorance by watching it live.

Besides you work in money, you don't know what fun is [emoji14]

It was entertaining because it was tense, and the quality was of a high standard. Compare to the games on Saturday and it was a class apart.

I prefer games with more tries and attacking play, but the conditions didn't allow for that type of game.

I do think, however, that all NH teams are some way behind the SH teams when it comes to playing an expansive game. But it is a World Cup year - it's all about winning.

• Like 1

It was entertaining because it was tense, and the quality was of a high standard. Compare to the games on Saturday and it was a class apart.

That's kind of what I meant by interesting.

It was tactical and a lot of the focus was on discipline (for example Ireland would never have scored their try if it wasn't for the advantage they had, imo).

I don't think that makes for entertainment in terms of an open game and high scoring. But it does make it tense and interesting, especially when the scores are close

I prefer games with more tries and attacking play, but the conditions didn't allow for that type of game.

I do think, however, that all NH teams are some way behind the SH teams when it comes to playing an expansive game. But it is a World Cup year - it's all about winning.

The crowd were well up for it, which was good.

And it did seem like a pretty intense battle.  I just thought you'd see more "on the brink" stuff.

England also seemed to keep throwing the ball forwards, which was odd.

That big bloke with black curly hair for England (number 7 or 8?) was alright, just a bit slow :)

• 2 weeks later...

12 points up at HT  England have a chance to still win it, hoping they get it cos they have been the best team to watch over the championship, Ireland give me a stiff kneck with thier kicking game even on tv i am allsways looking at the top of the screen when they play :P

Superb effort from England.

Congratulations again to Ireland.

What a day of rugby. Absolutely brilliant spectacle of a day.

Agreed but I've heard many calls that its a great advert for the staggered kick off times. Thats only true today because the kick off times worked in favour of the spectacle. With the contenders playing by quirk of fate in the order of least favourite first in the fixture that on paper was the easiest.

Â