Libor Kozák

samjp26

To me limited funding equates to buying the players you need to enhance the first team and not to sit on the bench.

Remember when we had half the team wearing nappies under Houllier? It wasn't pretty

We've complained often enough about squad depth, now we're finally getting there, you think its wrong but not only that you think we should buy a particular type of player, we don't currently use

That is just very odd logic

Squad depth is fine with ample funding to do it with but we had that with MON with how many players not getting a game. I just think that limited funding should have been spent elsewhere to improve the 1st team particularly in midfield but the player has signed and i hope Lambert will find a way to incorporate both Kozak and Benteke upfront considering the mooted transfer fee. 

"Libor has an unbelievable scoring record in the Europa League, incredible really. He wasn't given much opportunity for Lazio in Serie A but he showed proper potential in leading the line there at a strong club with a great tradition and we need somebody like him as we only have Christian Benteke really as a main target man.

"He'll take that burden off Christian and he'll add greatly to what we've got, with the likes of Nicklas Helenius, who's a different type of player, Gabby Agonlahor, Aleks Tonev and Andi Weimann in that area of the pitch where we can hurt teams. Libor's powerful, too, and I'm looking forward to working with him. We needed to bring in someone like Libor to help the overall philosophy to work.

"It's a matter of him now integrating with the group, which he'll do. We've brought in seven players this summer and we're trying to build the squad. It's getting there, no doubt about that and we'll keep building it."

Pretty clear he's our backup out-and-out target man. Helenius has a different role in the team.

Pleased to have him here but the fee puzzles me

Supposed limited funds and we spend 7m on a striker who will play second fiddle to tekkers

IMO that sum should have gone towards an AM but obviously Lambert believes another striker is more important and fills a bigger part of the jigsaw at the moment

Mmmm

Lambert is the manager FFS. He has more of an idea of what the team needs than we do.

Also, welcome Libor :)

Don't remember that attitude under Mcleish.

Happy with this signing. He must have big plans for him if he's been working on this all summer.

Yeah I wonder why?

FFS it's like I'm not allowed to judge managers based on their ability with you.

Squad depth is fine with ample funding to do it with but we had that with MON with how many players not getting a game. I just think that limited funding should have been spent elsewhere to improve the 1st team particularly in midfield but the player has signed and i hope Lambert will find a way to incorporate both Kozak and Benteke upfront considering the mooted transfer fee.

Lambert rotates far more than MON ever did

• Like 1

Â