Libor Kozák

samjp26

The reason he wasn't started much in the league by Lazio is because he rarely impressed when he did.

And yet in the same season he scored 10 goals in 11 Europa League games. Perhaps his EL opponents were more typical in style to what he'll face in the Premier League. Serie 'A' is very different and it's possible Lambert saw him being more compatible with the Premier League.

Out of interest, do we know who these opponents are who he played and scored against, as opposed to the 18 games in Serie A and scored no goals?

The reason he wasn't started much in the league by Lazio is because he rarely impressed when he did.

And yet in the same season he scored 10 goals in 11 Europa League games. Perhaps his EL opponents were more typical in style to what he'll face in the Premier League. Serie 'A' is very different and it's possible Lambert saw him being more compatible with the Premier League.

Out of interest, do we know who these opponents are who he played and scored against, as opposed to the 18 games in Serie A and scored no goals?

No but soccerbase would tell us. I'm more on about the style of opponent though. Serie 'A' is a very particular type of football. If Lambert is buying him he has good reason to.

Just looking at his scoring record over the past 3 seasons. Doesn't look great at first sight but if you forgive a bad league record last year and take a look at the previous 2 seasons then his strike rate is good.   If you divide his total amount of minutes played by 90 it would give you a rough idea of his true goals to games record.  

In 2010/2011 he had 6 goals and 2 assists in 758 minutes which is 8.5 games.

2011/2012 he had 4 goals and 4 assists in 630 minutes which is 7 games. 

Then take his Europa League scoring record of 10 goals last season which works out at a goal every 70 minutes. If you add his minutes played in the league and Europe then he has 10 goals in 15 games last season which is decent for a player who the majority of the season was a sub. Am feeling quite a bit more optimistic about this now.

After a quick check, 2 against Panathinaikos, 2 against Monchengladbach, 3 against Stuttgart and 1 against Maribor Branik. They don't seem to have his other 2. But they're certainly all decent or more than decent opponents.

EDIT : Biskitt beat me to it :)

After a quick check, 2 against Panathinaikos, 2 against Monchengladbach, 3 against Stuttgart and 1 against Maribor Branik. They don't seem to have his other 2. But they're certainly all decent or more than decent opponents.

EDIT : Biskitt beat me to it :)

2 vs Mura 05 in the qualifying round.

Cheer up you miserable gits, he's another squad member providing competition and cover for CB, NOTHING at all bad in this.......unless you were expecting Messi. Lambert has earned the right to be trusted when it comes to unearthing a player.

• Like 1

I understand the signing, as Benteke is so integral to our play and we don't really have a like-for-like replacement.

It's the mooted fee that baffles me - either it's bollocks (which is usually the case) or PL really sees something in this guy.

Either way - in Lamber we trust.

His overall goal record is pretty poor. One good year in te Europa League and that's it really. I'm sure there are good reasons for signing him but god knows what they are.

His goal record is poor because he didn't play for Lazio apart from in the Europa League and he was the competitions top scorer. He started his career as a central defender so I doubt he'll be a one trick pony. 

he's another squad member providing competition and cover for CB,

He's a striker not a defender. Yes I am joking I know you mean Christian Benteke but I'm a very silly person who makes very silly jokes.

• Like 2

He's a striker not a defender. Yes I am joking I know you mean Christian Benteke but I'm a very silly person who makes very silly jokes.

Think CB ment Christian Benteke lol

• Like 2

Oh you divil ;)
  • Like 1

Â