Positives so far.....

Woody1000

Great start to the season in general, neutral goal difference after 3 tough games.

But the main positive for me is the fact that Benteke, Lowton, Weimann and Westwood have barely got out of the blocks yet this season. (I appreciate that Benteke has scored a few, but for me his level of all-round performance has been lower than last season).

I feel that once the players mentioned above can find their stride, we will be more than a match for any team in this league.

Really pleased with the continued improvement of Delph, but still find his touch a little heavy at times when running with the ball.

Most importantly, we are starting to re-gain some credibility as a side - teams not just seeing us as an easy 3 points!

UTV

- We did better than most of us expected from possibly the most difficult first 3 games of any team in the Prem. We could have had more if it wasn't for some poor refereeing. This time last year we probably would have just about managed a point.

- We're still improving and gelling as a team. It's only the first week of the season so once we're fully settled, we should look more organized and clinical with the ball.

- There's a definite improvement defensively. There's still work to be done, but hopefully with more coaching and game time the back 4 will strengthen. Luna is fantastic going forward and has a magnificent work rate, and Okore looks solid and comfortable with a good bit of pace on him.

- Individual players are showing definite signs of improvement (i.e, Delph)

Edited by JoshVilla
  • Like 1

Positives for me are:

3 more points from those 3 fixtures than last season.

Luna looks a better left back than Bennett

Delph's continued improvement

El Ahmadi looks much better

Okore looks solid

We look a much more competitive team overall and should avoid the embarrassing defeats of last season.

• Like 2

Positives - We've got three points from a difficult start, Benteke is still here, Delph is playing well and Okore looks like he might well be another great find.  A clean sheet at some point would be lovely though.

Great start to the season in general, neutral goal difference after 3 tough games.

But the main positive for me is the fact that Benteke, Lowton, Weimann and Westwood have barely got out of the blocks yet this season. (I appreciate that Benteke has scored a few, but for me his level of all-round performance has been lower than last season).

I feel that once the players mentioned above can find their stride, we will be more than a match for any team in this league.

Really pleased with the continued improvement of Delph, but still find his touch a little heavy at times when running with the ball.

Most importantly, we are starting to re-gain some credibility as a side - teams not just seeing us as an easy 3 points!

UTV

Good post. Yes Lowton was poor Saturday! I think we probably deserve to be on 5 pts not 3. Luna has been a big positive to me. Delph is playing the best football of his career. I worry that sides will setup like Liverpool did at Villa park and we will find it hard to get our front 3 into the game. We need more from the other 2 midfield players. We need to get a home win under our belt when we play Newcastle.

With a little luck and better refs we could have actually won the two we lost and deserved at least a draw in both. We were not outplayed in any of the games. Our defence is much tighter. Delph is a real prospect. Okore could be a star in the making.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

The fact that we could have easily walked away with 5-7 more points against 3 good teams in 7 days, 2 of which away from home and the fact that we look to have made progress on last season so far.

Surely we couldn't have got more than 6 extra points?

3 games against top 6 sides in the space of 1 week - including 2 away trips - and we were unlucky not to get more than 3 points.

The positive? We will get a lot better over the course of the season!

We could have easily managed to get 9 points out of the 3 games just gone, based on performances and such.

That is a huge positive for me and although we did lose to Chelsea and Liverpool I feel that our best showings so far are from our defence.

When our attacking force gets into gear I think we will see some really good results.

We have 3 huge fixtures behind us.

We have 3pts on the board when most pundits thought we would have zilch.

We have come from behind to win.

We have come from behind to level at Chelsea & would have done so again & might even have won had it not been for scandalous refereeing

Big teams have shown us a lot of respect.

Our goal difference is intact.

Okore looks the part.

Luna is a big improvement on Bennett.

We have still to see Sylla in the midfield which should bolster us further.

Our first home game was a sell out.

We weren't beaten by a liverpool side managed by the FSW ;)

We have improved our defending at corners.

Our hospitality team really look after their guests & make sure the Sponsors get well & truly pissed before naming their MOTM. ;)

We have shifted some of the `Bomb Squad`

The transfer window is still open so there is still time to do further business both ways.

The Holte End have a new song.

We haven't been last on MOTD.

The Beast has already netted 3 times.

Bacuna is the new `Pele` - At least according to the sponsors :P

• Like 3

Plenty of positves for me....even from the largely infuriating Liverpoo game.

Luna looks as if he's played for us for years and Okore is everything we hoped for.

We have 3 HUGE points, should have had another and were it not for inspired saves from Mignolet, we might have got something out of Saturdays game. As it is, not every team will be able to sit back and kill the game like the plop did. They can try, but I think most teams will be worried how they set up to stop us.

Definitely more positives than negatives, I'd say.

Edited by AValon

Everything is a positive compared to last season. If anything, we as fans need to manage our expectations because after the Arsenal game there was a danger we would use that as the expected result for every game. The one note of caution is that they are still a young team that are still developing and they do have some way to go. We've come on leaps and bounds. We knew we would do and it's nice that we have done that. Most of our new signings look properly useful too already. As has been said above, Okore looks like the star we hoped he'd be. I like the look of Tonev and Luna really impressed me against Liverpool. Delph has been the standout and Gabby has continued where he left off last season. Benteke has already shown he's no one season wonder and while some of the lads still need to get fully up to speed (Lowton, Weimann, Westwood) I've seen enough to suggest my 8/9/10th place prediction is not out of the question at all.

The fact we've already broken last season's attendance record after one home game this season speaks volumes for the fans' optimism too. It's a fun time to be a Villa fan.

Â