Positives so far.....

Woody1000

The stats don't lie! Here's what WhoScored has to say about Villa's strengths, based on our first three matches of the campaign:

avfc.PNG

DEFENDING SET PIECES - Strong, it says there. That's what it says! I am not making it up!

COMING BACK FROM LOSING POSITIONS - very strong!

PROTECTING THE LEAD - Strong!

These are not stats I would have thought possible last season. I know it's only three games in but that's very encouraging, especially given our opposition in those three games.

Based on the first 3 matches of the campaign some internet site has concluded that we are 'Strong' at protecting a lead even though we have only been in the lead in 1 of the 3 games. Amazing!

Based on the first 3 matches of the campaign some internet site has concluded that we are 'Strong' at protecting a lead even though we have only been in the lead in 1 of the 3 games. Amazing!

100% record :)

That's the thing... we've not ceded a lead this season (only had 1) and come from one goal down to fight back twice and only failed to do so once.

The biggest positive is Delph

The biggest positive? The improvement over the last 6 months. It's even more exciting when you consider the ages of our players, and the amount of time they likely have left at the top of their game...

Guzan, 8 years left

Steer, 16 years left

Baker, 10 years left

Clark, 9 years left

Luna, 10 years left

Lowton, 8 years left

Okore, 10 years left

Bacuna, 10 years left

Westwood, 10 years left

Delph, 10 years left

Sylla, 10 years left

Gardner, 11 years left

Weimann, 10 years left

Benteke, 10 years left

Agbonlahor, 5 years left,

Tonev, 10 years left

Helenius, 10 years left

It's actually a little bit riduculous

positives so far

luna > bennett

guzans form has carried on

delph looks excellent

benteke stayed and is banging them in

gabby looks sharp

no more bannan

lambert looks smarter on the touchline

3 points so far and goal difference is much better, we had no points and a goal difference of -11 from these games last year

we will never see stephen ireland again

there is no need for allbrighton ever again

• Like 2

The biggest positive is that the team is playing better all around.We need to sharpen up our passing,not pass back so much and Gabby needs to run into the box more often.

I find it amusing that even in the "positives thread" you've listed one positive and three negatives.

• Like 1

I expected us to be a threat going forward again and to be honest I expected us to win one of our opening 3 games. The biggest positive for me, in that it's surprised me, is how much better we've been defending as a team. That should only improve as well. Vlaar still needs to cut out the errors but the improvement already has been very noticeable and perhaps stands us in better stead for a top half finish than I had anticipated. I'm just looking forward to the season, basically. El Ahmadi and Luna have surprised me positively as well.

I think one of the biggest positives so far has been our defense.

Before any games were played, I thought we definitely needed another central defender, but now I think we're set for this season. Okore is sooo good, and Vlaar is, well ok, beside him. If Vlaar starts slipping or gets injured again, Baker and Clark are capable to fill in. Especially Clark looks improved from last season.

Our LB position is very much improved by Luna. And I believe Bennet will do fine when he needs to step up. He's ok when there's not too much pressure and can continue to develope.

Lowton has surprisingly been the sleeper so far, but I have total faith in him when the level of our opposition gets down a notch. And Bacuna should be ok every now and then.

All this has calmed our defense down a lot, and brought stability to our game.

Unlucky against a team that are poised to beat the European champions away from home.

All the performances, showed better quality football

Team is likely to develop more as new signings are just settling in.

Composure has improved

Defensive side of our game has improved despite conceding early goals ( has been against top teams, so could be excused)

Our forwards have not shown last seasons form....wait until they do.

Â