Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Bond

The rest of the team basically picks itself.

This is why i'm still more than a little concerned. We have improved the squad but not the first team enough so it might be a damage limitation exercise with two poor defences but Arsenal much better going forward.

The rest of the team basically picks itself.

This is why i'm still more than a little concerned. We have improved the squad but not the first team enough so it might be a damage limitation exercise with two poor defences but Arsenal much better going forward.

wasnt really 1st team needed to be improved it was the squad. we were i think 7th in form table from January 1st and when gelled we had a decent team. we were more than a match for Chelsea at back end of season

We will score first and lose with Benteke sent off for two yellows that were weak decisions.......maybe not but the ref will cost us this game, I'm pretty sure of that. If Arsenal do lose then Wenger is under the cosh from day one.

• Like 1

Did you watch the Malaga game? How does Gabby get a start over Tonev or is just because he is Gabby?

tonev isn't close to being a starter yet for me. Tries to do too much to the detriment of the teams play, and his set pieces are awful for the most part. He's perfect to be an impact sub though, I'd imagine he'd be quite a handful for defenders, plus he s a potential game plan disruptor given his penchant for the long shot - could really open up space for benteke as he gets closed down

Crowd might turn nasty if we get the first goal? Their fans were boo'ing their pre season game against Napoli at half time.

if they don't make any signings this week and we take it to them the crowd will definitely get on Wenger's back

How can you say pick Tonev over Gabby based on a single friendly though Kiwi?

Tonev has basically played 3 pre season matches while Gabby has played in all of them. While I saw the Malaga game I only saw highlights of the others but for all accounts Gabby has looked sharp.

Personally I think Lambert will stick with the side that have a good account of itself in the last 10 games of last season with the exception of Luna for Bennett and maybe KEA for Sylla.

At Chelsea I think Baker will go to LB and Okore will come in. Sylla will play in that one too.

How can you say pick Tonev over Gabby based on a single friendly though Kiwi?

Tonev has basically played 3 pre season matches while Gabby has played in all of them. While I saw the Malaga game I only saw highlights of the others but for all accounts Gabby has looked sharp.

Personally I think Lambert will stick with the side that have a good account of itself in the last 10 games of last season with the exception of Luna for Bennett and maybe KEA for Sylla.

At Chelsea I think Baker will go to LB and Okore will come in. Sylla will play in that one too.

Honestly I think it has more to do with the shock of the criticism of Tonev who had a hand in two goals and the complete lack of criticism Gabby got when he was utterly terrible. Gabby is notorious for going on ineffective spells and no player should have in their head that they are an automatic pick, Gabby especially. 

Looks like Walcott broke down with an ankle injury in England training today so should be doubtful for the weekend.

Roy reckons he'll still likely play for England, so you'd imagine he'd definitely be fit for the weekend.