Hiroshi Kiyotake

KjParton

I hate how one member has forced Bannan onto the whole of VT. It's virtually impossible now to have a conversation about anything Villa related without Bannan turning up.

THIS.

Sometime feels like 90% of the 'VillaTalk' section of VT is bitching about Bannan and Julie. Can't wait for him to leave and Kiyotake to sign for absolutely anybody.

• Like 1

I hate how one member has forced Bannan onto the whole of VT. It's virtually impossible now to have a conversation about anything Villa related without Bannan turning up.

THIS.

Sometime feels like 90% of the 'VillaTalk' section of VT is bitching about Bannan and Julie. Can't wait for him to leave and Kiyotake to sign for absolutely anybody.

THIS. Except Im not convinced Kiyotake is not coming, he is good and seem perfect for us.

I have never seen this lad play and to be honest, I hope I don't see him in a Villa shirt. Nothing against the guy but I would much rather see one of our very own given a chance. A player who has been unlucky with terrible injuries early in his career but now a young man who I believe could well go on to be a very good attacking midfielder - Gary Gardner.

I really hope Lambert gives him a chance to shine because with a bit of luck this lad could save the club a lot of money and become the final piece in our attacking jigsaw!

Well I don't know about GG TBH - But why we are still talking about a player because of one tentative enquiry weeks ago bemuses me - just what is it that keeps this one going, when everything suggests he isn't coming ?

Not that I think he will sign, but it's hardly a case of "everything suggests he isn't coming".

I see Kiyotake being a bit like Iniesta, has quick feet to be able to go get past a player if he gets the ball in a tight spot but won't neccessarily run at players and try and dribble past them so much, ala Nzogbia. His vision, control and his free kick ability are the things that stand out from me

E6B885E6ADA62013E7ACAC19E7AF8001.gif

I have never seen this lad play and to be honest, I hope I don't see him in a Villa shirt. Nothing against the guy but I would much rather see one of our very own given a chance. A player who has been unlucky with terrible injuries early in his career but now a young man who I believe could well go on to be a very good attacking midfielder - Gary Gardner.

I really hope Lambert gives him a chance to shine because with a bit of luck this lad could save the club a lot of money and become the final piece in our attacking jigsaw!

Well I don't know about GG TBH - But why we are still talking about a player because of one tentative enquiry weeks ago bemuses me - just what is it that keeps this one going, when everything suggests he isn't coming ?

Not that I think he will sign, but it's hardly a case of "everything suggests he isn't coming".

No, only the manager of Aston Villa saying we didn't bother bidding and the owner of Nurenberg who said he's not for sale and the player himself not asking to move.

Other than that, it's all on still!

I see Kiyotake being a bit like Iniesta, has quick feet to be able to go get past a player if he gets the ball in a tight spot but won't neccessarily run at players and try and dribble past them so much, ala Nzogbia. His vision, control and his free kick ability are the things that stand out from me

E6B885E6ADA62013E7ACAC19E7AF8001.gif

Exactly. Did well to get out of the tight spot there, crap pass at the end, mind.

That's a good point. Even though we'd like our players in early to gel with the team, last season proved that Lambert doesn't mind a few last minute signings. If he's not planning to play an attacking central midfielder against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool then the signing of an AMC can wait an extra week or two.

Let's also note that Samir has gone on loan, Zoggy is injured. Apart from Helenius (who I believe will play behind Benteke), there is no competition for that place.

Reckon there is 100% something in this, or at least that we will get a player for that position.

Side note BTW, 'she' has admitted she was lying, so no need to bring her up ever again now guys.

Going back to the issue of an AM I'm not sure how often we'd play with that sort of player. So would a player like Kiyotake come to play the odd game.

Do we have 2 midfield players good enough to hold our midfield. I think our current set up works as we have 3 midfield players that balance each other out.

Because throwing around loads of money really worked well for us before...

Yep playing in Europe, finishing 6th 3 seasons running 2 trips to wembley is a lot worse than fighting relegation the last 3 seasons

I think we would pay .. But when the time comes .. And when the player deserves !

Remember when we used to finish 6th .. Other teams weren't a they're now !

There are many aspects to a players abilities, but to have a player with tight control, quick feet, a bit of pace and the ability to thread a pass is worth it's weight in gold when you are trying to force your way up the league....This boy looks like he can do all of that...like the "magic man" Merse.

I may be wrong but I don't see many of these progressing from our academy and when we do get one that resembles that sort of player, they are usually so lightweight, they struggle to impose those skills during the game.

Scoring a great set piece, during a game is very noble, but it does'nt constitute a performance.

Gary Gardner for me is one in question, he has had some bad luck with injuries and that cannot be underestimated how it has disrupted his development....but there comes a time when speculation on potential has to stop and there comes a day of reckoning.

I will watch with eagle eye, when he plays, to see if he really does match the potential some think he as....I have my doubts.

I remember watching the Moore Bros and Wayne Rooney in that youth cup final, in terms of general play Wayne stood out against them.

Some fans, need to watch the game for 90 minutes not just 5.

Edited by TRO

We wouldn't sign somebody for 10mil with the idea in mind of just playing the odd game. 

I really hope we'll try and keep at least some possession even against the better teams, we'll have a much better chanse of doing this with someone like Kiyo in the team.

Hoofing it to Benteke might work but i hope and think Lambert want's more out of his team.

Kiyo is not a luxory player, not many of them exist in the Bundesliga, last season even Robben and Ribery worked their socks of for Bayern.

• Like 1

We wouldn't sign somebody for 10mil with the idea in mind of just playing the odd game.

That's why I'm questioning this kind of signing.

I'm not sure we'll play with an AM that often so could possibly see us signing a cheaper version who will play the odd game.

Because throwing around loads of money really worked well for us before...

Yep playing in Europe, finishing 6th 3 seasons running 2 trips to wembley is a lot worse than fighting relegation the last 3 seasons

The relegation battles were at least partly caused by that spending spree. That kind of spending was completely unsustainable, especially under someone like O'Neill. We paid the price for it.