Hiroshi Kiyotake

KjParton

We wouldn't sign somebody for 10mil with the idea in mind of just playing the odd game.

I really hope we'll try and keep at least some possession even against the better teams, we'll have a much better chanse of doing this with someone like Kiyo in the team.

Hoofing it to Benteke might work but i hope and think Lambert want's more out of his team.

Kiyo is not a luxory player, not many of them exist in the Bundesliga, last season even Robben and Ribery worked their socks of for Bayern.

I agree with that entirely.

Scoring goals prolifically and stopping them miserly, is the holy grail....if it was all that simple.

To progress in this game you have to keep the ball a bit , which enables you to dictate the terms of play.Thats what distinguishes the top team.

On our day, we can beat a top team, what we rarely do is out play them.

We haven't had these type of players much.

we need some.

• Like 1

Because throwing around loads of money really worked well for us before...

Yep playing in Europe, finishing 6th 3 seasons running 2 trips to wembley is a lot worse than fighting relegation the last 3 seasons

The relegation battles were at least partly caused by that spending spree. That kind of spending was completely unsustainable, especially under someone like O'Neill. We paid the price for it.

We paid the price for continuing ridiculous spending for two years after he left.

If we'd been sensible after MoN left we'd be in a much better position right now.

We wouldn't sign somebody for 10mil with the idea in mind of just playing the odd game.

That's why I'm questioning this kind of signing.

I'm not sure we'll play with an AM that often so could possibly see us signing a cheaper version who will play the odd game.

He's the type of player that could play wide also, so he wouldn't necessarily only be playing as an AMC in a 4231.

He could be an option to rotate with Gabby, Weimann & Tonev in a wide role

Weimann ------ Benteke ------- Kiyotake

--- Delph ---- Westwood ------ Sylla --

Luna ----- Vlaar ----- Okore ---- Lowton

--------------- Guzan ------------------

Looks decent to me!

Yep playing in Europe, finishing 6th 3 seasons running 2 trips to wembley is a lot worse than fighting relegation the last 3 seasons

The relegation battles were at least partly caused by that spending spree. That kind of spending was completely unsustainable, especially under someone like O'Neill. We paid the price for it.
You, will never get that arguement accepted with many on this board...O'Neill, started the rot for me buying players with limited football ability in the main for over inflated fee's and wages....the 6-6-6 was a camouflage that bought him credibility, the standard of football was based on "hoof" but after the debacle O'Leary it looks like we were ready to accept anything better than what he dished up....The tragedy for arguement is that we pursued much the same policy in the transfer market 2 years post O'Neil. Which by some kind of definition excludes Mon from criticism in some eyes based on him not being there at the time.The fact is the "WIP" board hadn't let the penny drop and allowed to 2 post O'Neill managers to pursue the same policy, them having little interest in longevity took the easy option.

The penny had to finally drop.

It's only now that we are resembling/pursuing anything like a philosophy that will bear fruit.....We are work in progress so the cynics or jam today merchants won't necessarily buy that ,but hey who cares.

I will staggered if Lambert doesn't make a decent job of all this.....but to the non-believers, I would say this....The guy will make mistakes, like any of us will.don't hang on his every mistake, give a bit of credit where it's due too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

We paid the price for continuing ridiculous spending for two years after he left.

If we'd been sensible after MoN left we'd be in a much better position right now.

It's a shame we couldn't have afforded that same sensibility you quote, while he was there.

You, will never get that arguement accepted with many on this board...O'Neill, started the rot for me buying players with limited football ability in the main for over inflated fee's and wages....the 6-6-6 was a camouflage that bought him credibility, the standard of football was based on "hoof" but after the debacle O'Leary it looks like we were ready to accept anything better than what he dished up....The tragedy for arguement is that we pursued much the same policy in the transfer market 2 years post O'Neil. Which by some kind of definition excludes Mon from criticism in some eyes based on him not being there at the time.The fact is the "WIP" board hadn't let the penny drop and allowed to 2 post O'Neill managers to pursue the same policy, them having little interest in longevity took the easy option.

The penny had to finally drop.

It's only now that we are resembling/pursuing anything like a philosophy that will bear fruit.....We are work in progress so the cynics or jam today merchants won't necessarily buy that ,but hey who cares.

I will staggered if Lambert doesn't make a decent job of all this.....but to the non-believers, I would say this....The guy will make mistakes, like any of us will.don't hang on his every mistake, give a bit of credit where it's due too.[/quote

Ps The board do also have to accept part of the blame, but in my eyes they were blinded by the myth O'Neill and allowed him too much latitude...to be fair to them too. Would it have gone down well reigning him in during his 6-6-6 period....some would have said back to the dark HDE days of an interfering chairman.

Edited by TRO

I'm not sure we'll play with an AM that often so could possibly see us signing a cheaper version who will play the odd game.

He's the type of player that could play wide also, so he wouldn't necessarily only be playing as an AMC in a 4231.

Looks decent to me!

Imo i'd go with

-----------------Benteke------------------

Weimann-------Kiyotake-------Gabby----

-------Westwood-------Sylla/Delph-----

Luna---- Vlaar ---- Okore ----- Lowton

-------------------Guzan-------------------

go for the 4-2-3-1

Is this really likely to happen?

No.

The moment Lambert said we'd enquired but nothing else, this was about as confirmed as dead as you can get, imo.

The rest of this appears to have largely been fueled by liars on twitter and lazy papers reading forums and said twitter liars to fill the inch that isn't about Bale/Rooney/the Ashes in the back pages at the moment.

• Like 1

Is this really likely to happen?

No.

The moment Lambert said we'd enquired but nothing else, this was about as confirmed as dead as you can get, imo.

The rest of this appears to have largely been fueled by liars on twitter and lazy papers reading forums and said twitter liars to fill the inch that isn't about Bale/Rooney/the Ashes in the back pages at the moment.

...and the marks on here who fall for it.

No idea if we will or wont get this guy, but its this kind of player that we are missing. Massive gaps toward between front line and defensive midfielders, we need someone like him who can do the job that players like Merson and Keane have done for us before.

Looks decent to me!

Imo i'd go with

go for the 4-2-3-1

Have you read the rest of the quoted posts? ;):lol:

Looks decent to me!

Imo i'd go with