Hiroshi Kiyotake

KjParton

I'm going to get derisory comments for this but it's pretty obvious if we do get Kiyotake he is our replacement for Barry Bannan. 

For those of you who don't think Bannan had a good season last year, Kiyotake would be our upgrade on Barry Bannan.

Point is, same type of player. I hope we get him.

Con I sometimes wonder if you have ever watched Bannan play I really do.

Granted Bannan was an Attacking Midfielder when playing with the academy side (a good number of years ago now), trying to be the "little genius" who would unlock a defence. However even in the academy side he started playing deeper and Samir Carruthers took that AM role.

For the first team Bannan has rarely if ever played in the attacking midfielder role that Kiyotake will play.

Under Lambert Bannan has exclusively been used as a deep lying midfielder used to keep possession and spread the play. I have often seen you refer to him as our Iniesta but Iniesta drifts past players at will, Bannan is not able to do this at mens level.

We were trying to make him into a really really really really poor version of Xavi and he wasnt even quite up to that.

The point is that kiyoteke ins't an out and out ACM.  He more of a midfielder playmaker, which is how i'd describe Bannan. Kiyotake isn't going to go past players at will with pace and skill, but he will spread the play, find those pinpoint throughballs and keep the ball well with good close control and touch. This is the type of player I had hoped Bannan would become unfortunately he hasn't been smart enough to make up for his lack of strength, and his decision making is poor. 

Bannan imo get too much stick! He has talent and offered us something we don't have (a playmaker), he's also had some very good games for us.  I think because Con is always fighting his corner people just assume that when Con mentions Bannan, he's making him out to be a great player. For me Bannan hasn't done enough to be picked so needs to be moved on but that doesn't mean he is this completely inept piece of rubbish thats the cause of all our sorrows, that many make him out to be.

This doesn't surprise me though as I have spent years defending Gabby when he was being attacked and written off in the past, whenever injuries or burnout struck, but we all know that we'd be relegated by now without his efforts! When a player isn't performing to our expectations they are always likely to be made a scapegoat!

Philosopher you so often talk sense so if you have seen Kiyotake play then I will bow to your greater knowledge.

However from the clips I have seen Kiyotake very much looks like an AM who does go past a player with pace and skill. There are a number of videos showing him doing exactly this.

For what's its worth I agree with what you say on Bannan and I wasn't (intending) to give him stick. I would go into more detail but I don't want to turn this into another Bannan/Con thread.

He can certainly dribble that I don't dispute but in the clips on youtube he has lots of space to run into. I haven't seen a lot of him but I have seen him in a couple of matches, one recently was Japan v Brazil in the confed cup.  He was played on the right hand side and he didn't beat his man once! I the centre on the counter his dribbling means he can carry the ball out effectively and find a nice killer ball at the end of it, however put in a role out wide he will struggle to beat a good fullback. For me he beat assets are his vision and passing. Its also been mentioned in an article for a japanesse based reporter that he can play defensive midfield.

• Like 1

I see Kiyotake being a bit like Iniesta, has quick feet to be able to go get past a player if he gets the ball in a tight spot but won't neccessarily run at players and try and dribble past them so much, ala Nzogbia. His vision, control and his free kick ability are the things that stand out from me

• Like 1

I see Kiyotake being a bit like Iniesta, has quick feet to be able to go get past a player if he gets the ball in a tight spot but won't neccessarily run at players and try and dribble past them so much, ala Nzogbia. His vision, control and his free kick ability are the things that stand out from me

This!

• Like 1

He can certainly dribble that I don't dispute but in the clips on youtube he has lots of space to run into. I haven't seen a lot of him but I have seen him in a couple of matches, one recently was Japan v Brazil in the confed cup. He was played on the right hand side and he didn't beat his man once! I the centre on the counter his dribbling means he can carry the ball out effectively and find a nice killer ball at the end of it, however put in a role out wide he will struggle to beat a good fullback. For me he beat assets are his vision and passing. Its also been mentioned in an article for a japanesse based reporter that he can play defensive midfield.

I didn't see him play in the Confed cup but I feel obligated to point out that he would hae been playing against Marcelo, who according to Ashley Cole (and I agree) is the best left back in the world.

The mods have repeated many times to stop mentioning things that are being discussed on twitter on here that have barely any relevance anymore to this supposed transfer.

Its just plain boring. It was a fortnight ago, it is even more so now.

• Like 1

With Carruthers going on loan, Grealish looking likely to follow and NZogbia injured. I'd say theres a very, very good chance somebody will be brought in in the position this lad plays in. I would love Kiyotake, I've been banging on about him since around December like a lot of others. 

I'm going to get derisory comments for this but it's pretty obvious if we do get Kiyotake he is our replacement for Barry Bannan. 

For those of you who don't think Bannan had a good season last year, Kiyotake would be our upgrade on Barry Bannan.

Con I've been pretty much on your side with regards to Banaan getting too much undeserved abuse thus far, however now, you surely must be taking the piss re Kiyotake being his replacement?

Con I've been pretty much on your side with regards to Banaan getting too much undeserved abuse thus far, however now, you surely must be taking the piss re Kiyotake being his replacement?

I never understood the joke Bannan has turned into with some of our fans when we have someone like Ireland and Hutton at the club on alot more money and never came through the ranks.

• Like 1

I never understood the joke Bannan has turned into with some of our fans when we have someone like Ireland and Hutton at the club on alot more money and never came through the ranks.

Agree

Agree

Nobody is defending their poor performances.

Agree

Wrong thread but I still dont get it, if I was manager at Millwall I rather have Bannan than the other two...

I hate how one member has forced Bannan onto the whole of VT. It's virtually impossible now to have a conversation about anything Villa related without Bannan turning up.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Agree

Didnt say they were, just Bannan is a comical figure among fans wereas them two are jokes

Sorry wrong thread

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

I have never seen this lad play and to be honest, I hope I don't see him in a Villa shirt. Nothing against the guy but I would much rather see one of our very own given a chance. A player who has been unlucky with terrible injuries early in his career but now a young man who I believe could well go on to be a very good attacking midfielder - Gary Gardner.

I really hope Lambert gives him a chance to shine because with a bit of luck this lad could save the club a lot of money and become the final piece in our attacking jigsaw!

• Like 1

I have never seen this lad play and to be honest, I hope I don't see him in a Villa shirt. Nothing against the guy but I would much rather see one of our very own given a chance. A player who has been unlucky with terrible injuries early in his career but now a young man who I believe could well go on to be a very good attacking midfielder - Gary Gardner.

I really hope Lambert gives him a chance to shine because with a bit of luck this lad could save the club a lot of money and become the final piece in our attacking jigsaw!

I've a feeling Gardner will be very impressive this year if he stays injury free. Fingers crossed. Still would like Kioyte

Well I don't know about GG TBH - But why we are still talking about a player because of one tentative enquiry weeks ago bemuses me - just what is it that keeps this one going, when everything suggests he isn't coming ?