Hiroshi Kiyotake

KjParton

As much as I would love this to happen, it just isn't. Although I think he would be within our reach financially and in terms of stature, the amount of stuff being said about this deal on twitter for me signals that this won't happen. Although loads of transfers break on twitter early, it's normally via journos, not some random "selected" by the club to reveal it.

Also if the transfer was to get messy like a twitterer is suggesting, the club would shut them down immediately as they wouldn't want any leaks that could accidentally be revealed and used against them in a court battle. No club would let this amount of attention occur around a transfer that they would have seemingly tried so hard to keep quiet with local journos being in the dark and no official comment apart from Lambert confirming to fans there was interest at some point.

If the club has really started using random fans on twitter to reveal transfers, I'm afraid Randy and co have lost the plot completely, and should probably reassess how they conduct business. It took me a while to let go of this one, like Belhanda, but having really thought about it, and how this would make our club look if it happened, I think this will not happen this summer. It would make look pretty small time if we revealed transfers via fans on twitter. Maybe next year or the year after that, probably never.

Note: Sorry OBE, I tried to keep it about Kiyotake, but twitter is kind of central to my view of the whole transfer.

Can we filter her name please?

It was funny to begin with, felt sorry for her after a while and now I'm just fed up of it.

Kiyotake would be a superb signing for us. Great that we've enquired for players like him and Belhanda at least it shows we're looking for that position and a highly rated player. Hopefully we sign him but im not holding my breath

As much as I would love this to happen, it just isn't. Although I think he would be within our reach financially and in terms of stature, the amount of stuff being said about this deal on twitter for me signals that this won't happen. Although loads of transfers break on twitter early, it's normally via journos, not some random "selected" by the club to reveal it.

Also if the transfer was to get messy like a twitterer is suggesting, the club would shut them down immediately as they wouldn't want any leaks that could accidentally be revealed and used against them in a court battle. No club would let this amount of attention occur around a transfer that they would have seemingly tried so hard to keep quiet with local journos being in the dark and no official comment apart from Lambert confirming to fans there was interest at some point.

If the club has really started using random fans on twitter to reveal transfers, I'm afraid Randy and co have lost the plot completely, and should probably reassess how they conduct business. It took me a while to let go of this one, like Belhanda, but having really thought about it, and how this would make our club look if it happened, I think this will not happen this summer. It would make look pretty small time if we revealed transfers via fans on twitter. Maybe next year or the year after that, probably never.

Note: Sorry OBE, I tried to keep it about Kiyotake, but twitter is kind of central to my view of the whole transfer.

Even if we end up signing him, that doesn't mean that we're going through twitter. All that has happened is that it was revealed we made an inquiry for the player by the CEO of Nuremberg. This has then been jumped on by people who are 'ITK'. Twitter has nothing to do with how likely this is to happen or not...just because people are bleating about it doesn't mean it's happening, and just because people aren't doesn't mean it isn't, yet also just because they are doesn't mean it isn't.

We were at least obviously interested in him and we shall see where it goes from there now. But don't go believing that because stuff is on twitter the club are feeding randomers information, they most likely have nowt to do with it.

I can feel it in my boner.

Here, fixed that for you :P

But seriously, I hope you're right. Kiyo or other quality playmaker and we're looking really strong !

Edited by K-Carlsen
  • Like 1

We really havent spent much at all if we dont sign Kiyotake or someone else.

Excellent point and if indeed our spending is over for another window and you also take last January into consideration would you not ask why our actual expenditure on transfers has dwindled to next to nothing? 

Following certain departures, we'd probably be looking at profit.

Do you then feel profit is more important than success on the pitch?

Excellent point and if indeed our spending is over for another window and you also take last January into consideration would you not ask why our actual expenditure on transfers has dwindled to next to nothing? 

Following certain departures, we'd probably be looking at profit.

Do you then feel profit is more important than success on the pitch?

He didn't say anything like that. :huh:

I would say the business we have done in total has benefited the club in a much longer term way than signing more players.

New contracts for Guzan, Lowton, Westwood, and of course Benteke is possibly the best  business done by any team outside of the top 4.

And yet with those players we struggled badly last season.

The only way we're going to get back anywhere near the top six is by buying better players to improve the standard of our team.

Profit is certainly important for the stabilising of this club, but have we failed on the pitch yet this season? The question of whether profit is more important than success can only be asked towards the end of the season and when people begin to review our season and question what we could have done to improve our standing, not before a single ball has been kicked. Questioning that now is ridiculous because we could be around the top 4 come christmas for all we know, no matter how unlikely.

I would say the business we have done in total has benefited the club in a much longer term way than signing more players.

New contracts for Guzan, Lowton, Westwood, and of course Benteke is possibly the best  business done by any team outside of the top 4.

The only way we're going to get back anywhere near the top six is by buying better players to improve the standard of our team.

Means nothing. We struggled in spite of them, not because of them. It's a bit like saying Zat Knight is up to standard because played for us when we were fighting for a CL spot. There's absolutely no reaosn why any of those players couldn't be regulars in a team competing for Europe.

Edited by Mantis

Means nothing. We struggled in spite of them, not because of them. It's a bit like saying Zat Knight is up to standard because played for us when we were fighting for a CL spot. There's absolutely no reaosn why any of those players couldn't be regulars in a team competing for Europe.

Well there is until they prove they can perform at that level. 

What do you actually expect the board to do ? We aren't in a position to throw around the £300M that might get us to compete for champions league football, and without champions league football the financial gains just aren't there to enable any team to compete. The difference between 5th and 10th is negligible in respect of finance, whereas the difference between 5th and 4th can be huge.

Considering our position at the turn of the year there are a lot of positives to take from our performances in 2013, and since the end of the season we've bought in 6 players and all of our main squad are tied to long contracts.

We spunked  a load of cash up the wall on players and wages in the past, surely we have to give the board some credit for trying to get some stability into the club, for having a long term goal and for backing he manager where necessary (there are no signs that we've missed any of Paul Lamberts targets).  Personally i think from the games we've played, and the transfer rumours we've heard we are in the market for an AM. I'm certain that if the right player  becomes available at the right price we'll go for it, but I'm happy that we are doing things in the correct manner.

At long last we seem to have a manager who is in tune with the board, why do some people always have to be so negative ?

Well there is until they prove they can perform at that level. 

When looking at players individually they should be judged as individuals. Just becuase Benteke for exmaple played for a team that finished near relegation last season doesn't mean he's a lower PL standard player, because he's obviously a lot better than that.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Is this dude any good? Japan looked a very decent side in the confed cup so he must be pretty good to be capped. Whilst trying to stay on topic, I will say 2 words that sum up the unimaginative transfer 'policy' of O'Neill, and why it is very likely he will never manage a top club again. Marlon. Harewood. I trust Lambert on this chap if he does make it to B6.

He was one of the leading assist makers in the Bundesliga last season, his first season might I add, for a team who finished 10th. Can whip in a good set piece judging on youtube videos. From what I've heard he's a similar type of player to Gotze and Silva, the behind the striker playmaker type player. It would be awesome to have him supplying decent balls to Benteke. 

spending 12 million on Kiyotake or 7 on Benteke are not massive risks. We cant compare what Oneill was buying as he was atrocious in the transfer market.. with the odd exception Young and Downing.. he usually bought a lot of crap that we even knew wouldn't work ie Harewood Heskey Beye and put them on massive wages.

Difference with Lambert he is signing young players who have so far have all added to their value. He is very astute in the transfer market and I wouldn't hesitate to let him buy Kiyotake if he wanted him.. if I was in Randy's position.

• Like 2

Don't think any of us would hesitate to back Lambert in the transfer market. Not sure he 100% backs himself over this lad, he really does like a bargain, I'd suggest it's the Scotsman in him.

I think he was interested at below 10mil but it'll be interesting to see how far above that he's willing to stay in for. I don't doubt the player is worth it, if he had been the second top assists in the Premier League, he would be worth far more I'd guess!

So the players can't improve? That's another way the standard of the team goes up, and when you have the youngest team in the prem, it tends to happen.

• Like 1