Janoi Donacien

Pembers

Why wasnt janoi in the side ? According to reports even lambert himself said that this wasnt that important of a game but then plays clark and baker at CB who both concede 2 goals against a league one side... im going to drive myself mental thinking about this.

Janoi is a very good defender. He wont become a paul mcgrath within the first match but why is he not having a chance against sheffield united at the age of 20 !?!?

Why wasnt janoi in the side ? According to reports even lambert himself said that this wasnt that important of a game but then plays clark and baker at CB who both concede 2 goals against a league one side... im going to drive myself mental thinking about this.

Janoi is a very good defender. He wont become a paul mcgrath within the first match but why is he not having a chance against sheffield united at the age of 20 !?!?

Baker didn't start Kevan, he was supposed to but he got injured in the warm up i think, Lowton started alongside Clark at CB.

Doesn't surprise me. We have a CB crisis and instead of giving him a chance to see what he can do, he puts Lowton there who doesn't even defend that well at RB, let alone CB!

• Like 4

Yet another example of Lambert's stubbornness and favouritism costing us the game.

He is no better than MON when it comes to usage of the squad. He rather play his favorites out of position then give others a chance.

he doesnt like the youth. Which seems odd as he doesnt often sign players over 26 normally.

He doesnt like anyone under 20 either.

He only likes youngsters blooded by other clubs. Can't be bothered to blood ours though it would seem.

• Like 1

Baker didn't start Kevan, he was supposed to but he got injured in the warm up i think, Lowton started alongside Clark at CB.

Lmfao clearly my footba knowledge Is nit that great. I do recall PL placing lowton and clark at CB and bacuna at RB my bad.

But still... probs makes the scenario worse than what it already is.

No wonder Derrick Williams left he must of caught on Lambert doesn't give a crap if you're from the academy.

And Williams remains the only academy player he has given a league-debut to. Albeit for 20 minutes.

It's really no surprise Lambert would rather go with the proven player over the unknown especially in the position he is in now. He feels pressure from the fans and media so playing a young inexperienced player is so risky. We need wins and you get wins with experience. In the Sunderland match Lowton was moved over to centerback but he did such great job. Why risk playing Donacien when he knows that Lowton will more than likely do a fine job? 

With that being said, I am still on the same boat as everyone here. I want to see some of our youth players mixed in such as Gardner, Helenius and Donacien. I don't think Bowery, Herd or Tonev should get minutes over those guys. Lambert should already know that Bowery, Herd and Tonev are definitely not premier league quality so if he has to play one of those 3, why not try some of the other guys? What really puzzled me was when Lambert said that he thought the FA cup was a distraction, so why did he start such a strong team? Why not play some of the younger players? All he did was lower morale with that loss and make himself look worse. If he fielded a young inexperienced team and we lost, we would just say oh well that was expected, but instead he fielded nearly our first XI and we lost embarrassingly. I just don't understand Lambert at all. 

• Like 1

Id say the reason he did not start was the potential atmosphere in the stadium if we had lost.  Why expose a kid to that?

If we had won the last few games he may of had a chance.  Other than that he will be introduced the right way, cruising a victory with 15 to go.

(Before someone tries to knock this one in......We will probably have to wait a bit to see him :) )

What really puzzled me was when Lambert said that he thought the FA cup was a distraction, so why did he start such a strong team? Why not play some of the younger players? 

He wasnt being totally honest with the media. Quite funny really, what with all the uproar it started (on talksport at least).

Â