Janoi Donacien

Pembers

Back on topic, I think this player has an outside chance of making it here but he needs to work hard and make the most of the opportunity he has

could say that about any young player. Its one of reasons gabby and weimann made it and fonz and moore brothers didnt

It's also a bit misty eyed to a point. McGrath had pace and on those days when he wasn't quite "with us" it got him out of trouble.

Exactly. I think it gets overlooked because he didn't tend to need it much. But McGrath was a very quick defender which made him nigh on unbeatable because if he wasn't already waiting in the perfect position due to his reading of the game you could be damn sure he'd get you a few seconds later with his recovery. And I'll be talking to him next weekend th_run-around-smiley.gif

When I can be bothered to read your posts

Charming!

Haha I didn't mean for it to sound like that, I'm just lazy!

I'd blame it on the phone. If the post is too long ( like mine can be)  the tendency on the phone  is to  skip to the short concise ones. I should take my own advice, but  where is the  fun in doing that ?  Us old uns   want  you to do as we  say , not  as we do.

Back on topic, I think this player has an outside chance of making it here but he needs to work hard and make the most of the opportunity he has

could say that about any young player. Its one of reasons gabby and weimann made it and fonz and moore brothers didnt

As we speak, Delfouneso is still at the club, can't write him off yet

When I can be bothered to read your posts

Charming!

Haha I didn't mean for it to sound like that, I'm just lazy!

I'd blame it on the phone. If the post is too long ( like mine can be) the tendency on the phone is to skip to the short concise ones. I should take my own advice, but where is the fun in doing that ? Us old uns want you to do as we say , not as we do.

Agreed entirely

Its true hes only 18. Also when I mean the kid has pace lets not exaggerate... hes got PACE. Second fastest in our whole squad already. We're talking this lad could be a race challenge for nearly all strikers within the prem. I'd stick him as a rb this season but defo a CB in the future. Use him as we used mellberg, as if were using an extra cb at Rb as i dont know if hes that good on the wing. I just wonder if hes strong enough to be a cb yet.

Hi Kev,

How would you rate Janoi in comparison to Derrick Williams, who is a similar age and has left the club?

They played great together Derrick was more stronger but also had a lot less pace (even though derrick is faster than the average CB) . So they complemented each other and bossed the games against the young lads. I always had a vague idea janoi had more potential but couldnt believe when derrick went to bristol. I honestly thought he'd have a good chance this year. As derrick said villa offered him a contract but he decided he'll stand a better chance at bristol. Ability wise at the minute derrick is ahead, potential wise janoi has more I'd say. Hope derrick makes it back to the big time though.

How highly

Hi Kev,

How would you rate Janoi in comparison to Derrick Williams, who is a similar age and has left the club?

They played great together Derrick was more stronger but also had a lot less pace (even though derrick is faster than the average CB) . So they complemented each other and bossed the games against the young lads. I always had a vague idea janoi had more potential but couldnt believe when derrick went to bristol. I honestly thought he'd have a good chance this year. As derrick said villa offered him a contract but he decided he'll stand a better chance at bristol. Ability wise at the minute derrick is ahead, potential wise janoi has more I'd say. Hope derrick makes it back to the big time though.

Thanks Kevan. I've seen them both play a fair few times and pretty much agree. Would have preferred Williams to go out on loan if he wanted playing time but it's his call obviously. Wouldn't mind seeing Donacien go on loan either rather than playing 2/3 cup games at right back.

I think thats what will happen. Because we have clark,baker,vlaar and okore as our CB's janoi wont get much game time. I do think a loan may benefit Janoi aswell.

I think all of the Nextgen guys would do well with loans, except

carruthers and possibly Jack ;). I can't help but feel that Clark, Albrighton, etc would have benefitted from playing against men in the Football League at a young age. At 18-20, Burke, Robinson, Donacien, etc are too old/good to benefit from playing reserves anymore.

• Like 1

He looks a great young player who of all the young players at the club at the moment looks the best of the bunch to me, boy is he quick!

I hope to see him push on this season and become a regular 1st player, he certainly has the ability.

I truly believe we have some really good young players at the club, maybe too many to all come through at the same time though so some will end up moving on. Hopefully not this lad though.

• 1 month later...
Â