Janoi Donacien

Pembers

So, Lamberts giving him quite a bit of game time this pre-season despite the fact that we have Clark, Baker, Vlaar, Okore and Herd who can all play CB. Lambert must see something, any one have much info on him?

Whether or not Herd can play CB is still up for debate.

So, Lamberts giving him quite a bit of game time this pre-season despite the fact that we have Clark, Baker, Vlaar, Okore and Herd who can all play CB. Lambert must see something, any one have much info on him?

Whether or not Herd can play CB is still up for debate.

Perhaps in some people's minds. In mine there's no debate, he cant. 

He's actually OK as a RB I think, liability in the middle. 

Reading of the game and dominance in the air, seems to be the main attributes when evaluating a CB as McGrath and Laursen showed respectively.....why do we keep referencing PACE.

Agreed tro I think reading of the play is the most valuable asset in the modern game

Thing is Gazing not many seem to mention it when evaluating players and we can end up with limited player appraisals

I don't get around to see as many up and coming players as many do, but I can appraise a players value when I do.some of the players like the Moore Bros I was staggered with the reputation they got before I first saw them, but it's all opinions I guess.

I understand the importance of pace in the modern game, but McGrath, shaw and bobby Moore proved that "reading the game "effectively can compensate a lot.

Agreed tro I think reading of the play is the most valuable asset in the modern game

Thing is Gaz not many seem to mention it when evaluating players and we can end up with limited player appraisals

I don't get around to see as many up and coming players as many do, but I can appraise a players value when I do.some of the players like the Moore Bros I was staggered with the reputation they got before I first saw them, but it's all opinions I guess.

I understand the importance of pace in the modern game, but McGrath, Shaw and Bobby Moore proved that "reading the game "effectively can compensate a lot.

Seeing lots of good comments about this guy here and elsewhere.

I reckon he's destined to make it here purely as it will be a good story as pretty sure the club had to fight hard a few years ago to keep him in the country as I think he had an issue with his visa or passport.

Hes CB, I dont think he should be playing full back at all. Hes got the strength, pace and power to become a decent premier league CB

From what I saw last night I would agree with this - I don't to get carried away on 45 mins - but given the question marks over nearly all our CB'S - would like to see him get some games this season. I like players with pace.

Thing is Gazing not many seem to mention it when evaluating players and we can end up with limited player appraisals

I understand the importance of pace in the modern game, but McGrath, shaw and bobby Moore proved that "reading the game "effectively can compensate a lot.

And vice versa pace can compensate somewhat for natural ability. Combine the two and you've got some player on your hands. 

Do not underestimate pace. You keep hearing about it because it's among the biggest weapons any footballer can possess. 

And vice versa pace can compensate somewhat for natural ability. Combine the two and you've got some player on your hands. 

Do not underestimate pace. You keep hearing about it because it's among the biggest weapons any footballer can possess.

But it's not the be all and end all is my point.

Who says it is?

Regardless this lad has it in **** spades. Nobody has suggested that's all he needs, just that (as with Okore) it will help him recover from the occasional lapse on concentration. Asking every player to read the game as well as McGrath or Laursen is a bit over the top don't you think? The best natural defender the game has ever seen and a guy who became a legend here in a little over 18 months.

It's also a bit misty eyed to a point. McGrath had pace and on those days when he wasn't quite "with us" it got him out of trouble. Martin Laursen dropped a few clangers in his time, but we forgave him because of everything else. Including the ability to score goals. That was his secret weapon, or one of them. It just so happens this lads is, you guessed it, blistering pace.

And I mean blistering.

Â