Manchester United

BOF

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would be no different to his Chelsea reign but with bigger egos. Would be gone by the end of the season with United about 14th

Not sure about that. Utd dont have 100s of players like chelsea do. Also the owner seemed to be heavily involved in everything. 

As bsd a d the glazers arr they dont get involves like boelny does. Might suit potter. 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Agree

But it happened a lot down the years at grounds like VP with utd fans... They should know better seeing as they do it up and down the country

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander

Are you sure the United fans in that video pointing out the away fans are the ones who go to other teams home ends though?  They might be different ‘geese’ 😁

28 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Are you sure the United fans in that video pointing out the away fans are the ones who go to other teams home ends though?  They might be different ‘geese’ 😁

The comparisons are ridiculous to be honest.

If Villa fans were complaining about racist chanting and someone said "ah, but they were top of the hate league a couple of years back.  Don't like it so much now, eh?" we'd be proper "what the ****?".

Would have been more enjoyable if it wasn't against an even more disgusting club and fanbase but nevermind. I mean I know we will have difficulties ourselves, but they're side is shite. If we cannot finish above their shite side it wouldn't say much for our team. I know it's early but for me the top 7 are probably pretty fixed, though in what order who knows. Maybe Brighton struggle to combine the season with Europe, same for us and Newcastle, but even if form dips a little those three sides have good managers and a settled system that will work.  Chelsea under Pochettino when they learn how to score will be best placed to find their way in to the top 7, but otherwise, I can't see United finishing higher than 8th this season. 

How has this side even managed 5 PL wins this season. They should legit be in and around Luton, Burnley & Sheff Utd right now. Ive seen a fair few of their performances this year and they’ve absolutely stole wins against Wolves, Brentford and Sheff Utd off the top of my head.

We’ve all suffered bad owners, sick of hearing about their plight 24/7 all across the media sphere. We sank to unimaginable depths, now its their turn. Suck it up.

• Like 3

Utd are where they are because all the people at the top of the club are really good business people, but have no clue how to run the football side of things. They need a really experienced and able leadership team for the football side. Until they do that, everything else is going to be a hope and a prayer. Doesn't matter who they put in charge.

It's why they're paying ETH £9million a year. Only way they can get a top level coach to come.

All this stuff in the media about what's wrong is just clickbait headlines. There's no system, no meshing of styles with the players, and certainly no plan for the future.

Plus they've signed loads of average players that would have performed way above themselves under Fergie, but he's a generational manager. Not many others could polish the turds they've bought in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

All this stuff in the media about what's wrong is just clickbait headlines. There's no system, no meshing of styles with the players, and certainly no plan for the future.

£60m on Mount. It says it all really. 

40 full time scouts on the payroll and that’s what they buy. 

• Like 1

Just reading the Utd forum (which is good entertainment by the way) the seems to be a mix of why would Emery leave Villa where he is happy, I’m control and very well payed to Utd are like arsenal when he took over and he lost the dressing room. Doesn’t look much interest from Utd fans for emery which is good. 

just on mason mount, my take has always been he is very overrated. I remember watching him at derby and thinking he was a tidy little player but in the premier league nothing stood out to me. If I’m looking at this from a Villa perspective would I be happy if Villa announced they were signing him on a free transfer ? My answer would be I don’t think he gets in the side but if the wages were not to high then maybe someone to add to the squad but if he wanted big money then I would say no way. If Villa announced they had signed him for £60 million I think I would be physically sick with disgust. I just don’t get the football thinking that says this guy is a £60 million player 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

£60m on Mount. It says it all really. 

40 full time scouts on the payroll and that’s what they buy. 

Exactly. In what world would a sporting director or footballing exec allow you to spend that much money on a player who's shown to be average, free in a year, and is playing in a position where' you've got Bruno Fernandes and Erikson? Not to mention his wage bill.

You could have got a player like Diaby or Nunes for less than that and they'd both have massively improved them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Plus they've signed loads of average players that would have performed way above themselves under Fergie, but he's a generational manager. Not many others could polish the turds they've bought in.

But even you kind of are buying into the over-hyped expectations for Man U. They're in 8th place. "Turd" compared to what? Man City? OK, sure, but in the broader context, this is still a club winning more often than losing in arguably the most competitive football league in the world. I agree Fergie is "generational," but it's still too easy to overstate how terrible Man yoo are, IMO -- not that I mind it! 😁

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

But even you kind of are buying into the over-hyped expectations for Man U. They're in 8th place. "Turd" compared to what? Man City? OK, sure, but in the broader context, this is still a club winning more often than losing in arguably the most competitive football league in the world. I agree Fergie is "generational," but it's still too easy to overstate how terrible Man yoo are, IMO -- not that I mind it! 😁

Fair enough, I may have been over critical, but I do think some of the signings have been poor in terms of both ability and temperament, and "turd" comment alludes to that as much as anything. I'd be disappointed if we'd spent so much on Hojlund, Antony, and Mount. They're just very average footballers, not able to take Utd to the top level, and Antony and Mount have done very little to convince they have the right temperament to improve, amongst so many others there.

My original point being that a top quality team of footballing execs would never have allowed this to happen.

• Like 1

They don’t like it when people like LvG and Jose tell them they’re a mess and what needs doing.

They also don’t like it when the manager does what he’s told because it doesn’t address the issues and the results reflect it.

They are stuck in that cycle of not trusting a manager fully to put things right. 

• Like 1

Â