villarule123

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Na, his ego is bigger than the whole of Stoke and they don't strike me as a club he would go for tbh.

He took the Sunderland job* and he's not exactly liked in Ireland, especially by the media who continually give him a very hard time (which he deserves). The only thing that might stop him is if he likes working part time, international management is as soft as it gets.

*I know he claims to be a Sunderland fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep and I think he can. The team is pretty good just under achieving. Rowett is notorious for making teams solid, can see him doing well there. Derby he might get up but i think will be harder keeping them up then stoke city 

Stoke had make loans and freebies last summer so not much money to invest plus a star player who has downed tools and cant imagine he will care for Rowett style

Just now, Zatman said:

Stoke had make loans and freebies last summer so not much money to invest plus a star player who has downed tools and cant imagine he will care for Rowett style

Its still a better squad than Derby, it wont cost as much as it would to keep Derby up. Also Derby has bottled it numerous times in the past they amy not even go up although I think they will this year

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Rowett's got Derby playing in same style as SHA. How long before he can get Stoke like that?

Not for a couple of years as he just signed a new contract.

I do however agree with the 2nd part of the post you made. :thumb:

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Rowett's got Derby playing in same style as SHA. How long before he can get Stoke like that?

defensive and hoofball?

2 words I wouldnt ever use to describe a Stoke team ;)

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If a bigger club come in for you then you go, simple as that.

You think Derby will remember his loyalty if they drop off and don't hit top 6? First sign of bad form and Derby will sack him, no hesitation.

What gets remembered more, a promotion on your CV or a 17th place finish in the Prem?

Staying at Derby (for now) is a no brainer. 

Â