villarule123

I did hear a good story about him last night that when he didnt make the 2002 World Cup squad he actually paid his own tickets to go and support the team with the fans. Doubt would get other players like that

Pulis won't get another prem job. I'm sure they'll be a few championship clubs in for him who went to get up, maybe Leicester?

Saw the first half of the game yesterday, there was certainly a commitment to pass it a bit more from the centre backs rather than just lump it up at every opportunity to Crouch. But yes if there's a premier league side that needs a new striker or two it's Stoke. They could've still got a point from the fixture though.

BTW how good is Asmir Begovic? He's better than some of the top club keepers imo, yet more outstanding saves yesterday.

Ehem :)

(Sorry, just had to)

Pulis won't get another prem job. I'm sure they'll be a few championship clubs in for him who went to get up, maybe Leicester?

Saw the first half of the game yesterday, there was certainly a commitment to pass it a bit more from the centre backs rather than just lump it up at every opportunity to Crouch. But yes if there's a premier league side that needs a new striker or two it's Stoke. They could've still got a point from the fixture though.

BTW how good is Asmir Begovic? He's better than some of the top club keepers imo, yet more outstanding saves yesterday.

Ehem :)

(Sorry, just had to)

You could argue that C. Palace is actually a Championship job as that's where they are headed.

Aye I was wrong on Pulis.

On Delap I was really surprised that he only won 11 caps for R.O.I. He was pretty versatile and was a premeir league regular between 2008-10, who was Trap calling up instead, Paul Green and Keith Andrews?

The demise of the long throws are also part of the reason for Stoke just not looking that threatening at home anymore. It was their way of scoring a few goals and also building up pressure in the final third by getting free kicks/corners from it.

• 2 years later...

I think Imbula will be a very good signing for them. Mark Hughes has done a very good job there, kept the solid base Pulis left and added a bit of flair. Broke their transfer record yesterday so the chairman is backing Hughes. Depressing how far we are from them. 

• Like 1

Some cracking comments on the first page from yours truly and a few others.

The biggest error has to be not appointing Mark Hughes in summer 2011 surely. He's actually spent very little money at Stoke and now they've firmly established in the top half he's getting more to play with.

He certainly quit Fulham expecting to join us rather than QPR.

• 1 year later...

My fiancee is from Stoke and she is a massive Stoke fan. Denise Coates the Chairman's daughter owns Bet365 and meant be UK's Richest Lady but absolutely hates club and their fans for the abuse they have given her father (Peter Coates) over the years. Looking at their forum quite a lot of Stoke fans want Pulis to return but others hate the idea. That is how desperate they are at the moment.

Edited by Villan4Life

On 2/2/2016 at 08:19, dudevillaisnice said:

I think Imbula will be a very good signing for them. Mark Hughes has done a very good job there, kept the solid base Pulis left and added a bit of flair. Broke their transfer record yesterday so the chairman is backing Hughes. Depressing how far we are from them. 

Imbula did f all as has Berahino. Stoke have spent 50m on those and also Kevin Wimmer for 18m which was a bizarre one as they had plenty of CBs and Wimmer was rubbish at Spurs.

Stoke just lack identity now and have gone stale at premier league level. The fans are nowhere near as loud as when they first came up as they're bored watching it. As horrible as Pulis teams were to watch they had identity, this Stoke team dosen't. Peter Crouch is still their best striker which says lots.

Think they've been on a downward spiral for a couple of years but always managed to pull enough results out of the bag against other bottom 6 teams, not sure they're capable of that this season.

34 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Why do the fans hate the Coates family? From the outside it looks like once the Bet365 money came along they invested a decent amount in the club.

There's no real hate, think poster was a bit OTT there. Coates in his second spell at Stoke has been a very good owner for them but has turned the taps off spending for now after blowing 50m on Imbula, Wimmer and Berahino.

Could cost them their premier league place of course. Not sure Stoke would be back for a while if that happened.

Â