villarule123

I hope MON gets the job for two reasons, 1. It will mean no longer having him as Ireland manager, 2. He'll fail and it might put an end to the myth that he's a good manager. 

Edited by villa89
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

I hope MON gets the job for two reasons, 1. It will mean no longer having him as Ireland manager, 2. He'll fail and it might put an end to the myth that he's a good manager. 

Na, his ego is bigger than the whole of Stoke and they don't strike me as a club he would go for tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Slaven Billic is 1/12 on Fav

Suprised by that? He was supposedly having time out from the game for a prolonged period.

Maybe another usual bookies money making tactic before it goes back to Evs money in the next few days..?

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Suprised by that? He was supposedly having time out from the game for a prolonged period.

Maybe another usual bookies money making tactic before it goes back to Evs money in the next few days..?

Yeah wouldn't be surpried if a trader or two is mopping it up to lay off on Betfair. 

13 hours ago, Eastie said:

Seems rowett has a clause he can go for £1.7m and I don’t see that bothering stoke - would be very good news f0r us 

Thats interesting. 1.7m is not that much. If I was Stoke I would have made a move. I think he would do well there. Rowetts better than Bilic 

Billic is surely one of the most overrated managers of recent times. Seems to be linked to every job in Emgland for years. Finally gets one and he's quite shit.

Would be an awful appointment.

I can't see Stoke going down myself, but they are definitely in a rut. It must be horrible for teams like stoke and West Brom, who established themselves as premier league clubs, but don't have what it takes to progress from that. 

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They certainly are not. 

Stoke got promoted in the 2007/08 season and this is the first year they have really struggled and fighting a relegation battle. 

Meanwhile at derby that same year and not been back since. Yeah i would disagree with you there. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Stoke got promoted in the 2007/08 season and this is the first year they have really struggled and fighting a relegation battle. 

Meanwhile at derby that same year and not been back since. Yeah i would disagree with you there. 

Same could be said for Leeds united and Sheffield Wednesday then? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Same could be said for Leeds united and Sheffield Wednesday then? 

Of course when was the last time one of those clubs was in the premier league. Having a big history is great but if you are playing second tier for such a  significant amount of time how can you be deemed a bigger club? 

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Much of a muchness for me.

It really boils down to which Rowett thinks is more likely, getting Derby promoted or keeping Stoke up.

If he thinks he can keep Stoke up, I could see him going.

Yep and I think he can. The team is pretty good just under achieving. Rowett is notorious for making teams solid, can see him doing well there. Derby he might get up but i think will be harder keeping them up then stoke city 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Of course when was the last time one of those clubs was in the premier league. Having a big history is great but if you are playing second tier for such a  significant amount of time how can you be deemed a bigger club? 

well let's hope we don't stay down too long then :)

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

well let's hope we don't stay down too long then :)

I know, having Wolves and maybe west brom in premier league for years to come while we are in the championship like leeds, how can we argue we are bigger! 

Â