villarule123

Lambert was pretty good until he went on tour in europe. Met guardiola in germany who impressed Lambert, and Lambert startet to play posession football, from there it was downhill. Remember thar he startet at Villa when the money were gone, and he had to play with a new 11. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane close to joining as management team in some reports

Terrible appointment. I reckon in 3 years or so stoke will be in a complete mess and relegated if thwy bring in those two

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Terrible appointment. I reckon in 3 years or so stoke will be in a complete mess and relegated if thwy bring in those two

There is a trend where-ever O'Neill goes. Look at how we have been since MON left money wise and same at Sunderland. He spent heavily there as well and they are still paying for it now.  I wouldn't trust that man with ordering a round of drinks.

Interesting comments on Sunderland forum re: Stoke interested in O'Neill & Keane 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/oneill-to-stoke.1412109/

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why do clubs continue to go for these flops like Pardew, MON, Hughes, etc? Need to forget these failed maangers and start going for managers like Hughton, Dyche, Wagner hell even Johnson of bristol City or Jonkavic

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why do clubs continue to go for these flops like Pardew, MON, Hughes, etc? Need to forget these failed maangers and start going for managers like Hughton, Dyche, Wagner hell even Johnson of bristol City or Jonkavic

Further down the leagues the likes of Nathan Jones, Kevin Nolan, Paul Hurst and Paul Cook are doing really good jobs.

Nolan is my pick to be a top premiership manager one day! Notts County play some great football i went to the Notts County vs Lincoln game when they won 4-1 and all County did was attack. Really impressed me the shape of the team and his tactics.

I am going to Notts County vs Wolves/Swansea in FA Cup 4th Round i reckon Notts County could give either of those teams a good game.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Further down the leagues the likes of Nathan Jones, Kevin Nolan, Paul Hurst and Paul Cook are doing really good jobs.

Nolan is my pick to be a top premiership manager one day! Notts County play some great football i went to the Notts County vs Lincoln game when they won 4-1 and all County did was attack. Really impressed me the shape of the team and his tactics.

I am going to Notts County vs Wolves/Swansea in FA Cup 4th Round i reckon Notts County could give either of those teams a good game.

Interesting to hear. No doubt he'll already have a sound defensive ideology burned into his brain to fall back on from him time with Sam. If he can continue to work on both sides of the game, he'll go far.

Such a challenge managing young current players in the top flight now though. It's why clubs go for the likes of O'Neill and Pardew ahead of young coaches; there's a fear of the new men coming in and making no impact as the millionaire 19-year-olds don't want to do something new they've not tried before.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Absolutely look at Gary Rowett for example and some of the others that have come up from the lower leagues 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Interesting to hear. No doubt he'll already have a sound defensive ideology burned into his brain to fall back on from him time with Sam. If he can continue to work on both sides of the game, he'll go far.

Such a challenge managing young current players in the top flight now though. It's why clubs go for the likes of O'Neill and Pardew ahead of young coaches; there's a fear of the new men coming in and making no impact as the millionaire 19-year-olds don't want to do something new they've not tried before.

Nolan is only like 35 Tomaszk and still plays sometimes for Notts County and has Alan Smith (ex Leeds/Man Utd) who is older than him in squad (think Smith helps with coaching too) and Jonathan Stead is in first team isn't that much younger he has nice blend of oldies and also youngsters and this works! The way he has bought on Jorge Grant a 22year old midfielder in 2 loan spells (from Forest)  has to be commended! Grant is almost turning into a younger version of the man himself! Has about 17 goals already this season. I saw him score a great free kick into top corner for Notts C 3rd goal vs Lincoln. Grant has credited Nolan for his Man Management skills

Rumours Bolton was looking at Nolan already but they started pick up points recently

In his two spells as manager (Leyton Orient and now Notts C) and even when issues at Leyton Orient he has picked up win rate of (47% for Leyton Orient an d 51% for Notts County) which is good going.

Think the guy has all the tools to be a very good manager in the higher divisions but some of these bigger clubs would never take a look at him purely because he is in League 2. He had a fantastic career in the Premiership and must have scored about 20 goals against us during his career!

Nolan is way too young for the likes of Peter Coates (Stoke) to consider. Coates seems to like to employ older manager's who have been sacked numerous times. :D

Edited by Villan4Life

17 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Now MON has knocked back the opportunity!

fast becoming a farce :) 

was always going to happen when they used him to get Flores, MON is a very stubborn man and wont like being 2nd choice

• Like 1

Saido Berahino turning up a day early for the game against Man U :crylaugh:

Saido Berahino is match ready for Man Utd test ... a day early

There is no denying Saido Berahino's eagerness to get going in Stoke City 's post-Mark Hughes era.

This morning he was already ready for the Potters' trip to Manchester United - literally.

The striker turned up for training at Clayton Wood in his match day tracksuit with Kurt Zouma in hysterics as he filmed his teammate for Instagram. Players are expected to wear their own clothes rather than team gear on a day-to-day basis.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/saido-berahino-stoke-manchester-united-1062139?_ga=2.264841743.1645065762.1515951952-1104058496.1463347433

Â