VillaGoMarching

• 1 month later...

O.k they had their usual VP win (with the run of the refs decisions today may I add) but dear me considering what they had a few seasons back they look pretty mediocre to me so far this season although they still have a few quality players to win them enough games and stop them stooping to our level.

Main reason I've bumped this thread though is Harry Keane or whatever he's called.

O.K fair enough 9 goals but most of those have come against europa league pub teams and in the carling cup. I see a willing runner but someone who's touch is unreliable, I don't see him as much better than Weimann tbh but no doubt as he's English and at Spurs he'll get a call up.

To me Berahino deserves it much more as he's kicked on from last season and has played well against some of the best teams in the league this season.

They only bought defensive options this summer yet look like they've regressed defensively. How Danny Rose still gets games is beyond me, the way he afforded Lowton absolute free-reign of the right-side in the first-half was reminiscent of Luna vs. Norwich.

Quite inexplicable that they didn't put greater effort into purchasing another striker either. Adebayor is purely just an 'on his day' player now while Soldado doesn't look any less useless whenever I see him in the league.

They only bought defensive options this summer yet look like they've regressed defensively. How Danny Rose still gets games is beyond me, the way he afforded Lowton absolute free-reign of the right-side in the first-half was reminiscent of Luna vs. Norwich.

Quite inexplicable that they didn't put greater effort into purchasing another striker either. Adebayor is purely just an 'on his day' player now while Soldado doesn't look any less useless whenever I see him in the league.

Yep, thought Ben Davies was really good at Swansea, surprised why he's barely played for them so far.

It's similar to us but 6 years ago they had Berbatov, Keane, Defoe and Bent. A good variety of striking options that have them 5th consistantly.

Now they have Kane who I think is overrated, Adebayor who is a matchwinner on his day but looks in one of his can't be bothered runs of form atm.

Soldado just looks like Torres, confidence is shot and no goal threat whatsoever. I think it was a strange transfer from Levy, signing him for 25m when he was 29. They won't get even half of that back for him, this from a club that usually signs under 25 players so they can recoup if they don't work out.

O.k they're better than us still (not hard is it) but I don't see them finishing even 6th this season. Everton, Liverpool and Man. United will all finish above them and it would be amusing if Southampton did aswell.

not many people do point out the deflection though, tyler isnt the only one talking about it being a fantastic strike, MOTD did the same, SSN did the same, all of them whisper about the deflection afterwards

its ridiculous really

and apparently spurs fans chanted his name for an hour before he came on and then chanted his name non stop while he was on which was news to me

Ryan Mason is a word removed and I hope the next player he tries to wind up goes one step further than Benteke's tap and just punches him in the face, preferably repeatedly.

Edited by Mantis

i hate spurs i hope they go down the path we have. they are a medicore club with turd fans

Eventually they will. No way can they continue to spend that money without any decent success.

I disagree they are based in London, loved by the media. They will get big sponsorship deals to keep them up there

This is their poorest squad they've had for a while I think.

6 years ago they had Berbatov, Keane, Defoe and Bent as their 4 strikers. Now it's Kane, Soldado and Adebayor.

Nowhere near good enough squad to challenge the top 4 and performances have reflected that so far. I think they'll finish 8th, Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal and possibly Southampton ahead of them this year.

Â