VillaGoMarching

Their biggest handicap this season is lack of backup to Adebayor. Obviously he can't be relied upon to be good for 30 games but he'll have to start as with respect to them the alternatives are Soldado and Harry Kane.

Hence the lack of goals so far bar the QPR game.

I imagine they'll go back in for J Rod when he's fit again.

Jay Rodriguez will make Spurs better. He tackles, he shoots, he scores. With Eriksen, Lennon and the great Andros Townsend supplying tap-ins you would be a fool not to immediately recruit him for your fantasy league side as soon as he is fit.

Tottenham's main problem is like Man Utd's, but not quite so bad (both right and left they have superb wing backs): the area of the pitch that is the most influence on the team. Central defence, and central midfield.

Kaboul and Vertonghen are not world class enough. Vlaar would muscle one of those out if he was in the Tottenham squad.

And although Tottenham tried to buy up every midfielder in the PL, the two powerhouses they have Paulinho and Membele haven't been consistent for them. 

Jay Rodriguez will make Spurs better. He tackles, he shoots, he scores. With Eriksen, Lennon and the great Andros Townsend supplying tap-ins you would be a fool not to immediately recruit him for your fantasy league side as soon as he is fit.

Tottenham's main problem is like Man Utd's, but not quite so bad (both right and left they have superb wing backs): the area of the pitch that is the most influence on the team. Central defence, and central midfield.

Kaboul and Vertonghen are not world class enough. Vlaar would muscle one of those out if he was in the Tottenham squad.

And although Tottenham tried to buy up every midfielder in the PL, the two powerhouses they have Paulinho and Membele haven't been consistent for them. 

Yeah I heard that Membele is quite the player

• Like 1

Their biggest handicap this season is lack of backup to Adebayor. Obviously he can't be relied upon to be good for 30 games but he'll have to start as with respect to them the alternatives are Soldado and Harry Kane.

Their biggest handicap this season is Adebayor.

The guy is dump.

Lo and behold, Wham in "waaaaaaah, shan't share my new toy" shocker:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/23/karren-brady-olympic-stadium-west-ham-united-tottenham-hotspur

EDIT: everything about that club makes me sick to my stomach. I'm gutted they actually look like they're much too good to be in a relegation battle this year. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Bizarre

The guy is dump.

True but at least he manages to score 15 goals most season. Next to no chance of Soldado or Harry Kane doing that.

They have all those midfielders and yet give a kid his debut starting against Arsenal... What's happened to dembele?

It's a bit like last season when they had a million midfielders and Sherwood just promoted Bentaleb anyway. Paulinho is another one who was hyped up to the max when he signed but has fallen off the radar this season.

Their transfer strategy has been a bit wierd lately imo, Stambouli, Davies and Fazio cost what 20 odd million between them and none of them made their starting line up yesterday for one of the most important games of the season.

The guy is dump.

True but at least he manages to score 15 goals most season. Next to no chance of Soldado or Harry Kane doing that.

If Soldado was starting games he would easily score 15 goals. God knows why he hasn't done better at Spurs, but he did manage 24, 17 and 18 goals in the league for Valencia in his last three seasons - 59 goals in 101 games total, and Valencia are pretty much the Tottenham in Spain. Writing off players is easy, but many come back from the doldrums and deliver again. Saying that, it doesn't look like Soldado will be the same player again 

Tbh Paps he started plenty last season and had the look of a Torres about him, confidence well and truly shot.

Plenty of times Lennon or Townsend would whack in a cross along the 6 yard box and he'd be on the penalty spot just standing still.

I think Spurs would've been better signing a Rondon or even Benteke, a younger faster or more mobile version you can put in once Adebayor has his annual season strop.

Don't get me wrong, Spurs have some good players in their squad and I wouldn't mind a few of them in our squad....but how many of them are really match winners who can make a difference in the games against the best teams? I can only really think of Eriksen and he's still a work in progress at premier league level. Think of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man. City and you can think of 4 or 5.

That and signing imo a very good left back in Ben Davies...and yet he's behind Danny Rose in the pecking order. Bizarre.

Too many players, not enough cohesion. There's too much chopping and changing at both first team and club level. I really think they just need to stick with a manager for 3 or 4 years at least, there's no way they'll fall out of the top half, and they never get into the CL anyway, so why not just take it a bit slower, give a manager the time to create a philosophy and actually mold a first 11 that he's completely happy playing with every week?

They won't do that, 'cos they're mugs. 

Â