VillaGoMarching

Saw a rumour for yakin going to Southampton (although I think it was a lazy Swiss thing) it would be interesting who got the better of those changes if it was true though

Spurs just need the squad balancing, got some great players but very little depth at the back and upfront, 2/3 signings and I think they'll be a good team

Mauricio Pochettino likes to play a pressing game with the forwards working hard to get the ball back. Safe to say Emmanuel Adebayor is on the way out then!

And Jay Rodriguez is on the way in!

5 year deal is crazy but must see something in him way goes about things the way like to play football. Its done early which is key plenty of time to work bring in own players can judge him this time next year the fans

Great manager, but they've had some great managers in the past. Levy is not easy to work with, and the expectations are too high there IMO.

It's not enough to have success. It's not enough to play entertaining football. They demand both. And whilst players are being signed by someone other than the manager, getting both to happen is near impossible. Pottechino is a great acquisition though, if he carries on as he was doing at Southampton he's probably their best chance.

What are the chances of Levy now being replaced by the chap who was at Southampton… stranger things have happened.

Unlikely. Levy owns a percentage of Tottenham and they have Franco Baldini as DOF.

Determined teams will beat spurs.

Poch never gets his players wound up enough to fight for a game. If you get at them, you'll beat them.

Good manager though.

Edited by lapal_fan

Determined teams will beat spurs.

Poch never gets his players wound up enough to fight for a game. If you get at them, you'll beat them.

Good manager though.

What games last season were an example of this? They only lost 12 games.

They lost 3-1 away against West Ham. Didn't lose against Stoke (D, D) or Palace (W, W).

Mauricio Pochettino likes to play a pressing game with the forwards working hard to get the ball back. Safe to say Emmanuel Adebayor is on the way out then!

What about their best player Lalana

What are the chances of Levy now being replaced by the chap who was at Southampton… stranger things have happened.

Unlikely. Levy owns a percentage of Tottenham and they have Franco Baldini as DOF.

I've never read anything to suggest Levy owns part of Tottenham, they are owned by ENIC which as far as I'm aware is owned by Joe Lewis and Levy doesn't have a share. Do you have a link to anything on this?

I've seen no rumors about Sir Tackle Goals but I think the Guardian said they're already after Lallana.

I've never read anything to suggest Levy owns part of Tottenham, they are owned by ENIC which as far as I'm aware is owned by Joe Lewis and Levy doesn't have a share. Do you have a link to anything on this?

Levy owns about 25% of Spurs and Joe Lewis has the rest. I wouldn't be able to find the place I read the breakdown of how ENIC operates but a google search should back it up.

Levy loves a flavour of the month appointment, we can only hope this one ends in years like all the others.

EDIT: According to the ever reliable Wikipedia, Lewis owns 70% of ENIC, Levy 30% and together they own 85% of Spurs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENIC_Group

Edited by LondonLax

I've seen no rumors about Sir Tackle Goals but I think the Guardian said they're already after Lallana.

He's injured ACL. Will have to be the winter transfer window, if he's back scoring by then.

Lallana and Erikson would be a good midfield. Can they play at the same time? 

It depends on his budget and ultimately who he signs, otherwise there's no way any manager gets this current Spurs squad fourth.

They've got a very good squad, and you'd have to imagine that with a season under their belts the newer signings won't be quite as poor next time around.

I see no reason to rule them out assuming they can sort out a handful of relatively minor issues.

I can't see much of a net spend this summer though, but with a surplus of midfielders they shouldn't have too much trouble raising £30m+ from sales without weakening the squad too much.

I'm going to go out on a limb and tip them for a surprise top 4 finish ahead of arsenal (unless, of course, arsenal can finally get a super clinical front man and keep him injury free)

He's injured ACL. Will have to be the winter transfer window, if he's back scoring by then.

Lallana and Erikson would be a good midfield. Can they play at the same time? 

I doubt it, unless he shifts Eriksen out to the left. But I can see him wanting Eriksen in the middle, also remember they have Lamela who cost £30m who they need to accommodate, or ship him out and play Lallana on the right with Eriksen in the middle of a 4-2-3-1. 

It depends on his budget and ultimately who he signs, otherwise there's no way any manager gets this current Spurs squad fourth.

They've got a very good squad, and you'd have to imagine that with a season under their belts the newer signings won't be quite as poor next time around.

I see no reason to rule them out assuming they can sort out a handful of relatively minor issues.

I can't see much of a net spend this summer though, but with a surplus of midfielders they shouldn't have too much trouble raising £30m+ from sales without weakening the squad too much.

I'm going to go out on a limb and tip them for a surprise top 4 finish ahead of arsenal (unless, of course, arsenal can finally get a super clinical front man and keep him injury free)

Their squad doesn't have the right balance, poor defence and seriously short of quality up front, if that's not addressed properly they won't get anywhere near fourth.

Levy owns about 25% of Spurs and Joe Lewis has the rest. I wouldn't be able to find the place I read the breakdown of how ENIC operates but a google search should back it up.

Levy loves a flavour of the month appointment, we can only hope this one ends in years like all the others.

EDIT: According to the ever reliable Wikipedia, Lewis owns 70% of ENIC, Levy 30% and together they own 85% of Spurs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENIC_Group

Thanks

Â