VillaGoMarching

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

words removed.

Why?

i actually quite like the squad spudz have put together. Of course there's a little jealousy as we were always similar teams in stature and spending power but they have spent their money wisely.

Edited by theboyangel

28 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Why?

i actually quite like the squad spudz have put together. Of course there's a little jealousy as we were always similar teams in stature and spending power but they have spent their money wisely.

In fairness I think the Spurs side is pretty inoffensive as things go likewise the manager.

Sure there is a degree of envy but we are poles apart now as clubs after the last 6 years.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Bet they are not sorry they are not playing at the Olympic Stadium.

Bet West Ham are thou.

Spurs were never going to play there were they? They wanted the site to flatten and build a new stadium on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Spurs were never going to play there were they? They wanted the site to flatten and build a new stadium on.

Ah OK.

I thought they were initially.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Bet they are not sorry they are not playing at the Olympic Stadium.

They can play at Wembley instead, they always do well there. Oh...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Best Spurs side since the push and run side under Bill Nicholson.

There's more steel about this Spurs side.

If you compare this team man to man to what Jol had (Berbatov,King, Keane,Carrick etc) and what 'arry had (Bale, Modric, VDV etc) man for man those sides were better but Spurs lacked bottle from going 1 down particularly away from home.

Pochettino has given Spurs a great mentality.

Dele Ali to me is a top midfielder. Easily the best central midfielder to emerge since the Gerrard/Lampard era for English players. Now he has to do the hard part and prove it for the national team!

Their squad is good. Trippier comes in for Walker and has a great game. Son has 18 goals in all competions this season and hes not a regular. Pochettino is a great manager.

Edited by PaulC

I'd agree he's certainly up there. The way they press and work as a team is second to none, so good defensively without sacrificing an offensive edge. Their poor showings in Europe were very surprising though.

I think that's the next step for Spurs to actually go and win a league or cup. They have their match winning core players in Kane, Ali and their defence is imo the best in the league but they need more beyond that. Son is their best squad player by a mile but Sissoko and Janssen as game turning options from the bench obviously hasn't happened this season.

I hope they don't win the league...
Genuinely dislike how about 10 years ago we were so similar and now we are so far apart...
I'd rather Chelsea won it again - just to keep the status quo...
This whole business about having different teams winning the league has lost its appeal after seeing Leicester do it the year we got relegated...

Â