VillaGoMarching

Ange Postecoglou allegedly taking on the manager’s role 

Think he’s a good manager but as we found out, the Scottish leagues are worlds apart from the Prem (and probably Spurs fan’s expectations)

it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Think he’s a good manager but as we found out, the Scottish leagues are worlds apart from the Prem (and probably Spurs fan’s expectations)

Thought he'd end up at West Ham. "Baroness" Brady was randomly bigging him up in her paper column a few weeks back. Think Leicester would've been a good option if they'd stayed up aswell.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised to see Levy play hardball and keep Kane for another year, losing him on a free at the end of next season. Newcastle finish top 3 as well as have a decent run in the CL - they go big and get him in as Kanes market gets smaller.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Went from supporter to club legend for Spurs. He got to break their club record, play in a CL final and play in both their old and new stadium while getting extremely rich.

I'd say it's time well spent. He's a Spurs supporter, winning titles were never on the table, he knew that.

Arsenal fan 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if its better than Spurs lose Kane and his goals but get a big wedge of cash, or if it's better that they keep Kane and lose him for nothing next summer?

By better, i mean better for Villa (not Spurs).

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Good manager and a world apart from Gerrard, but it does have the feel of Potter to Chelsea for me tbh. Really can't see him lasting the season at Spurs with their fans' unrealistic expectations and unbalanced squad

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I think this has got a disaster written all over it. Let it happen 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

He is a bit of a straight talking hot head.

Levy will fall out very soon with him

• Like 1

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think the market for kane is actually really small, maybe only chelsea

And knocking on the door again... Thats part of their problem, bar the Leicester season did they ever seriously knock on the door? Sky have convinced them they're something that they're not

They weren't really challenging that season. Ended up finishing 3rd actually.

It was the following season where they took the title race to the last 3 games. Ended up with 86 points (more than Arsenal this season) and a +60 GD. Just their luck Conte's Chelsea had like a 12 game winning streak (including crucially against them) in the run in.

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

I don't know if its better than Spurs lose Kane and his goals but get a big wedge of cash, or if it's better that they keep Kane and lose him for nothing next summer?

Problem they have is, only Man U are commercially stupid enough to pay 100million for a 30 year old with 1 year left on his contract. Man U are seen as a top 4 / best of the rest rival.

If Benzema was tempted by a huge Saudi offer, then things could be interesting with Madrid wanting a new striker. 

22 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Problem they have is, only Man U are commercially stupid enough to pay 100million for a 30 year old with 1 year left on his contract. Man U are seen as a top 4 / best of the rest rival.

If Benzema was tempted by a huge Saudi offer, then things could be interesting with Madrid wanting a new striker. 

pretty much confirmed that he is leaving Real. Maybe they turn towards Kane

• Like 1

Â