Jump to content
AVFCforever1991

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

Recommended Posts

Getting sent a quiz in a WhatsApp group and then someone immediately posting all the answers they’ve got.

Yeah cheers Karen, no one else wanted to play anyway.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Look at me! Look how smart I am!

There's a few people on Facebook that repost those stupid "If you can find the M (in a picture full of Ws) you're a genius" type pictures, with "I found it right away". Oh well done mate, I'm sure your Mensa welcome pack is in the post.

 

Yep. A friend of my mom’s does this. 
 

“only geniuses can get 80% on this quiz” and he reposts it saying “I got 10 out of 10!”

 

blocked

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the irony of them. You've got to be some quite specialist level of idiot to post how brilliantly you did in them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

I love the irony of them. You've got to be some quite specialist level of idiot to post how brilliantly you did in them. 

Yes exactly, they are an intelligence test, but just not in the way that the people who gleefully do them think.

Theres an awful lot of people doing those “here’s a huge amount of personal information about me that could easily be used for identity fraud” type posts too. Idiots.

When they get robbed the banks should refuse to cover their losses due to stupidity.

Edited by Genie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/04/2020 at 10:30, Robtaylor200 said:

Donald Trump interviews, what an absolute Moron. You need to watch some of them on the red button Sky Q especially as to why he is not wearing a mask.

Also that his Covid test was so negative, the doctors had never seen a more negative test 

He really really winds me up 

Donald Trump is Sacha Baron Cohen in an inflatable suit.  That makes his interviews and press conferences much more understandable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. A friend of my mom’s does this. 
 

“only geniuses can get 80% on this quiz” and he reposts it saying “I got 10 out of 10!”

 

blocked

The one lad that always does it used to work at my place, and he's really thick as shit.

We did a team building thing at a pub quiz, it came to the general knowledge round and he said "I don't know that stuff". What the **** do you mean you don't know general knowledge!?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

The one lad that always does it used to work at my place, and he's really thick as shit.

We did a team building thing at a pub quiz, it came to the general knowledge round and he said "I don't know that stuff". What the **** do you mean you don't know general knowledge!?

He probably means "anything except sport and TV". 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He probably means "anything except sport and TV". 

He knows a bit about Harry Potter and Nicki Minaj... that's pretty much it. I'm not even joking. Unfortunately no rounds based on either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/04/2020 at 20:49, HanoiVillan said:

I bought a loaf of sliced bread the other day. Opened it today, and half of it is **** hollow. Honestly, genuinely hollow, as in about half of the slices have four crusts and no **** bread between them.

It's that new Cave Bread I think.  Afaik it's specifically for people who want to lose a few pounds and have curly hair.  Quite niche.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Genie said:

Yes exactly, they are an intelligence test, but just not in the way that the people who gleefully do them think.

Exactly. He doesn’t realise that the “only geniuses will get...” bit is to entice you to play it. 

As soon as you play it you’ve failed the test

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course I just flossed off half a tooth. The fracture runs up to the gum line. It doesn't hurt, but if I don't get it looked at while in isolation, I run the risk of infection or further loss of the tooth and nerve exposure. 

Being from the Land of the Free, I will be paying for the fix out of pocket. Money that I don't really have.

 

Edited by maqroll
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

He knows a bit about Harry Potter and Nicki Minaj... that's pretty much it. I'm not even joking. Unfortunately no rounds based on either.

Its the double act we've all been waiting for! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we went into lockdown the director at work created a WhatsApp group for the managers at work. 
 

One of them keeps sending updates about his kids. Stuff like the paintings they’ve painted today. 
 

Why? Nobody cares. Nobody is replying. You’re the only person in the world who cares about the shit picture your kid has scribbled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

When we went into lockdown the director at work created a WhatsApp group for the managers at work. 
 

One of them keeps sending updates about his kids. Stuff like the paintings they’ve painted today. 
 

Why? Nobody cares. Nobody is replying. You’re the only person in the world who cares about the shit picture your kid has scribbled. 

People keep bringing their shit underachieving kids on to our morning meetings and I've made myself slightly unpopular with a couple of people by just muting them if I hear children.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

People keep bringing their shit underachieving kids on to our morning meetings and I've made myself slightly unpopular with a couple of people by just muting them if I hear children.

Good. I’d be the same. 
 

You are the only person who likes your kids. Everyone else hates them

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chill pills all around here.

Yes, there have been crying babies and background noise but hey, people are working from home during a pandemic.

It’s all been far more civilised and tolerant than I expected.

We’ll all be sat in our cars shouting at the car in front soon enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Chill pills all around here.

Yes, there have been crying babies and background noise but hey, people are working from home during a pandemic.

It’s all been far more civilised and tolerant than I expected.

We’ll all be sat in our cars shouting at the car in front soon enough.

Oh in the background I wouldn’t mind.

Its forcing them upon other people that I don’t care for.

Same goes in non pandemic scenarios too. Mothers bringing their new babies into the office for everyone to see. **** off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our work WhatsApp group is just full of the regular lazy buggers trying to make out they’re actually doing some work! 
 

they didn’t make as much effort when we could see them at their desks pre lockdown so why they’re bothering now everyone’s at home is baffling! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s your thing that pisses you off, so its totally legit.

Perhaps I’ve just lucked working in a less child orientated environment or something, but I can’t see the big deal. We’ve had a couple of skype meetings where someone has had a nipper on their knee or there’s been shouting. It must have cost us an extra 30 seconds in total.

I couldn’t care less about other people’s kids, I just let it go over my head. Like coffee rounds, or the lottery, or the 15 minute chat about Man Utd on Monday morning.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â