Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Meh. Women can do what they like to feel more attractive. They don’t do it for our approval, they do it to feel good. 

Each to their own. 

But they only do it because famous, wealthy people do it.

If no-one had bladed eye brows, Danielle from Dudley sure as hell wouldn't.

Same goes for Botox etc.

I remember YEARS ago, reading or watching something with Jordan in it, advising someone in a camera shoot to "look at the camera like you'd look into the sun and shape your lips like you're blowing bubblegum".

I thought at the time it was mental, but now it's that X10.

It's completely contrived and that's not something or a trait I value, it's fake.  

• Like 2

I did think a few years ago that greater equality would mean that women felt less pressured to do all the weird tweeking and product buying.

Unfortunately, it’s actually meant more men thinking they need hair product and teeth whitening and beard oil and layering of three complimentary scents.

What a sad load of old bollocks.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

But they only do it because famous, wealthy people do it.

If no-one had bladed eye brows, Danielle from Dudley sure as hell wouldn't.

Same goes for Botox etc.

I remember YEARS ago, reading or watching something with Jordan in it, advising someone in a camera shoot to "look at the camera like you'd look into the sun and shape your lips like you're blowing bubblegum".

I thought at the time it was mental, but now it's that X10.

It's completely contrived and that's not something or a trait I value, it's fake.  

But, again, they don't do it so that lapal_fan off of the internet values it. They do it because they want to, and they think it looks good. Fair enough they do it coz famous people do it, but that's life.

I think a load of fat blokes on the internet deciding what women should and shouldn't do to feel attractive is a load of old shite to be honest.

• Like 2

If only it did make people feel happier though. It just ends up being some weird arms race to keep up with the next procedure, the next ‘thing’. It’s always been the same but easy credit and a million ways to see a million celebrities just appears to be increasing the pressure and stress. Probably getting a bit out of hand when people start injecting their lips with botulinum toxin.

Obviously people can do whatever they like up until the point I’m in charge.. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If only it did make people feel happier though. It just ends up being some weird arms race to keep up with the next procedure, the next ‘thing’. It’s always been the same but easy credit and a million ways to see a million celebrities just appears to be increasing the pressure and stress. Probably getting a bit out of hand when people start injecting their lips with botulinum toxin.

Obviously people can do whatever they like up until the point I’m in charge.. 

Oh there's lots of stuff wrong with it, but we've always had stuff like that. Just what the stuff is changes with time as does every other element of fashion and taste.

I was talking more about the whole male approval thing. They don't do it for blokes on a football forum to give their approval that they look good.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But, again, they don't do it so that lapal_fan off of the internet values it. They do it because they want to, and they think it looks good. Fair enough they do it coz famous people do it, but that's life.

I think a load of fat blokes on the internet deciding what women should and shouldn't do to feel attractive is a load of old shite to be honest.

No-one is injecting botox, or blading their eyebrows cos it's fun, it's for approval, which in turn makes them feel good.

These are painful procedures and I don't "judge" people on their appearance (instinct tells me I'm a liar), but it's very, painfully obvious in most cases as to who has had these procedures done.  If they feel great about themselves, then that's great, I just think it's a shame for them to go through that, to feel "normal" or "good".

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Mate it’s £45 for one millilitre. If you used it on anything other than eyelashes you’d need to remortgage

Perhaps you're underestimating the extent of his need.

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Absolutely. I was watching some Youtube videos of the Robbie Williams Knebworth gigs from 2003 the other day* and the women in the crowd just looked far more natural than what you see around nowadays. No botox, no trout pout, no butt implants, etc. They were just natural beauties as opposed to the identikit blow up doll look that some women aspire to now. 

* awaits ghey gif

Never one to disappoint:

image (1).jpg

• Haha 3

I blame the idiots who see social influencer as a career choice. 

Actually, i blame the sheep that follow and encourage them more....also the companies that send out freebie products to the influencers cos their peachy bum would look great in D&G denim jeans or their silicone boobs make the dsquared t shirt logo almost smack the viewer in the face.

But mostly i blame the sheep.

Â