Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

This made me LOL and despair:

Why kids love 'fascist' cartoons like 'Paw Patrol' and 'Thomas'

...."Thomas," the long-running television franchise about a group of working trains chugging away on the Island of Sodor, has been called a "premodern corporate-totalitarian dystopia" in the New Yorker, imperialist and sinister in Slate, and classist, sexist and anti-environmentalist in the Guardian. And yet people -- presumably parents -- spend $1 billion on "Thomas" merchandise every year.
"Paw Patrol" is equally polarizing. The show, about a group of rescue dogs led by a boy named Ryder, is a regular source of complaint among parents and of adoration among their kids.
Buzzfeed called the show "terrible" and pointed to instances of gender and social inequality that go unchecked on the show. In the Guardian, Ryder is described as a megalomaniac with an implied "unstoppable God complex." 

"I watched 'Paw Patrol' once with my daughter, and on that episode, Skye volunteered for a mission, but then Ryder picked two male pups," said Rebekah Pajak, a mother of a 2-year-old and a 1-year-old in Chicago. Skye is the only female in the core team of six rescue pups on the show. "I remember thinking, 'There's a glass ceiling in this cartoon!' 

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/22/health/thomas-tank-engine-paw-patrol-fascist-cartoon-strauss/index.html

CNN - or fake news as Donald likes to call it. 

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I hate NYE and I'm not keen on NYD. It's just nice to get back to normal, even though it's horrible started back to work, but you soon get back into the swing of things. 

Same here Ruge, The Cheltenham new years day meeting usually clears the cobwebs though.  ;)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Shoehorning in the lines of 34 different sports in a single gymnasium.

I pretty sure that's how Scotland stumbled across Tarten, purely by accident it seems. It was an unforeseen (see gym picture) by-product of them desperately trying every sport imaginable in the despairing hope they would as a nation be at least average at one of them,  it was disbanded year's ago. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Embrace it for what it is. 

The perfect time to get a few pages of my book done, its quite fitting that I'm re-reading Date's Inferno at the moment, my guts are in one of the 7 circles of hell at the moment.

Just now, leemond2008 said:

The perfect time to get a few pages of my book done, its quite fitting that I'm re-reading Date's Inferno at the moment, my guts are in one of the 7 circles of hell at the moment.

One for the things i don't get thread. Reading on the toilet. 

5 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Having an extreme case of Diarrhoea come on just before I finished work, this bus journey home is 50/50.

I'm on pretty dicey ground at the minute...

#prey4leemond

Well I'm still struggling massively, this ain't fun

#prey4leemond

Â