Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

You'll have to share with this guy.

9DwX3Td.png

HA I didn't even notice that, if happily share a rabbit with a fox, I quite like foxes...and pigeons and squirrels.

They get a bad rep for no reason if you ask me, natures outcasts, thats probably whyI feel such a close affinity with them

• Haha 1

That bit in movies where someone takes off a necklace from themselves or someone else. 

They never just undo the necklace. They always rip it off. Which would either really hurt or completely ruin whatever it is they’re taking off. 

Why?

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That bit in movies where someone takes off a necklace from themselves or someone else. 

They never just undo the necklace. They always rip it off. Which would either really hurt or completely ruin whatever it is they’re taking off. 

Why?

Yeah goddammit wwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy .........McBaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn !!!!!!

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why?

giphy.gif

More difficult to see here but yes, he did it twice to the same player :lol: (and yes, both are words removed etc etc)

talib.0.gif

Parked on asda carpark I've parked on loads of times. Go shopping. Get back. Ticket on windscreen.  ****.

I completely forgot to get a ticket from the machine.  Not trying it on (I had 9 quid in pound coins on me), just absolutely forgot. 

Expensive shopping trip.  I'm so angry and annoyed at myself.  What a dopey word removed I am :(

So there I am, driving up the ramp into the multi-storey carpark (Arndale Centre in Headingley for anybody that knows Leeds). It's a tight right turn, followd by an immediate left to get inside. I'm halfway into the entrance when a large Mercedes come towards me on its way out. He's inside, on the flat, with nobody behind him. I've been in that exact scenario in the same place, scores of times. The only sensible thing to do is for him to reverse about three feet, to let me complete my manoeuvre. Extremely easy, and the correct protocol. Oh no. He sits and stares at me. I wave at him to reverse. He sits and stares. I repeat the gesture. By now there are two cars behind me on the ramp, He gets out, walks over and tells ME to reverse. I use a few choice words about Merc drivers, put my car into reverse, wait for the queue behind me to all reverse as well, and leave him JUST enough room to squeeze through - fervently hoping he scrapes his passenger side on the infamous (it has bands of car paint of many colours) concrete wall. He just made it. Followed by a few more loud character references from me, and doubtless the drivers behind me. Where do these tossers come from? 

Edited by mjmooney

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Parked on asda carpark I've parked on loads of times. Go shopping. Get back. Ticket on windscreen.  ****.

I completely forgot to get a ticket from the machine.  Not trying it on (I had 9 quid in pound coins on me), just absolutely forgot. 

Expensive shopping trip.  I'm so angry and annoyed at myself.  What a dopey word removed I am :(

You have to pay at Asda?! When did supermarkets start charging people to park?

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

So there I am, driving up the ramp into the multi-storey carpark (Arndale Centre in Headingley for anybody that knows Leeds). It's a tight right turn, followd by an immediate left to get inside. I'm halfway into the entrance when a large Mercedes come towards me on its way out. He's inside, on the flat, with nobody behind him. I've been in that exact scenario in the same place, scores of times. The only sensible thing to do is for him to reverse about three feet, to let me complete my manoeuvre. Extremely easy, and the correct protocol. Oh no. He sits and stares at me. I wave at him to reverse. He sits and stares. I repeat the gesture. By now there are two cars behind me on the ramp, He gets out, walks over and tells ME to reverse. I use a few choice words about Merc drivers, put my car into reverse, wait for the queue behind me to all reverse as well, and leave him JUST enough room to squeeze through - fervently hoping he scrapes his passenger side on the infamous (it has bands of car paint of many colours) concrete wall. He just made it. Followed by a few more loud character references from me, and doubtless the drivers behind me. Where do these tossers come from? 

More forgiving than I would be. I'd just sit there and wait it out! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

You have to pay at Asda?! When did supermarkets start charging people to park?

It's a multi-storey thing. The asda is about 10 years old now and it's been charging since day 1.

I parked right outside the doors and in the past few days parked on the council multi-storey which gives you an hour free, since October.

So I think it's a culmination of me thinking "I don't have to pay anymore", parking right next to the entrance to the shop and not passing the pay stations.  As I said, before I left the house I picked up about 8 quid in pound coins, JUST FOR THE PARKING.

I'm an absolute idiot. :-(   

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's a multi-storey thing. The asda is about 10 years old now and it's been charging since day 1.

I parked right outside the doors and in the past few days parked on the council multi-storey which gives you an hour free, since October.

So I think it's a culmination of me thinking "I don't have to pay anymore", parking right next to the entrance to the shop and not passing the pay stations.  As I said, before I left the house I picked up about 8 quid in pound coins, JUST FOR THE PARKING.

Is it a council car park?

if not you don’t have to pay. Ignore it. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

If I'd been on my own I would have done, but the missus was getting narky. 

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If I'd been on my own I would have done, but the missus was getting narky. 

I had something similar once , bloke got out of his car and walked towards my window ... my son , guess he was about 9 at the time , helpfully said “call him a clearing in the woods dad “  *

it did kinda defuse the situation as even the Neanderthal at my window laughed and probably realised he was indeed being a clearing in the woods  and walked away smiling 

* the T W word not the c word the word filter might suggest 

Edited by tonyh29

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I had something similar once , bloke got out of his car and walked towards my window ... my son , guess he was about 9 at the time , helpfully said “call him a clearing in the woods dad “  *

it did kinda defuse the situation as even the Neanderthal at my window laughed and probably realised he was indeed being a clearing in the woods  and walked away smiling 

* the T W word not the c word the word filter might suggest 

Come on Tone. Know the word filter!

Clearing in the woods = Tw

Word Removed = Cu

6 hours ago, Xela said:

I was doing the school run a few weeks ago, I saw a lady in a Nissan Duke came up to a van with cars double parked both sides and she has a tail of traffic behind her. Absolute bellend in the van refused to back up looked so smug and she had to move a whole stack of cars back. I was willing her to refuse to move to see how it played out.

Some people get off on these little “victories”.

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

If it's a 'private car park' then you have done nothing unlawful, rather you have just broken the invisible 'contract' implied by you using the car park. You don't have to pay that fine, although they may take you to a civil court over it (however this is unlikely since going to court is costly). 

I've had this happen to me once before, I simply ignored it. I did get some additional letters in the post, ones that I barely read but were pressumably threatening legal action, they went straight into the shredder and they eventually died down. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Thanks 1

Â