Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You mean Jeremy Corbyn?

It definitely shouldn't piss me off that that story isn't true :)

Virgin edited the footage they released to make it look like there were seats, but the unedited footage shows there actually weren't.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Virgin edited the footage they released to make it look like there were seats, but the unedited footage shows there actually weren't.

So Virgin are on the payroll now.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I know.... I know.... :)

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

So Virgin are on the payroll now.

No. They released an edited rebuttal of criticism from Corbyn to discredit him, as it was in their interest to do so as he's suggesting we take the trains back. 

A year later they quietly released the actual footage that showed that the seats were filled but they had specifically chosen shots that made it look like they weren't, by which time the lie is out and the seeds laid for the story they wanted.

No payroll. Just cynical self interest.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Does anyone want to know what the wife did with a pizza? She didn't just eat it. 

I dread to ask.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

When you step on to an escalator that isn’t working... you know it isn’t working which essential makes it a flight of stairs. But something in my brain refuses to tell my legs that and you end up with some sort of weird tentative walk.

Outstanding contribution.

I'm exactly the same - even though I know it's not moving, my eyes still make it look like the steps are moving, so it's like taking "the first wobbly step" onto any escalator, all the way from the bottom to the top :lol: 

She went to her friends a few houses down on Saturday night to watch X=shit factor. Couple of bottles of wine and they shared a Chinese. When she got back at 12.30 she was still hungry, so ordered a pizza and chips. I come down Saturday morning and notice there is a pizza box on top of the fridge. I thought great, I love pizza the following day. I open the box and go to warm it up a tad in the microwave and what I see makes me feel quite normal. She had eaten the pizza, then felt guilty and threw it all up back into the box over the chips, then instead of throwing it in the bin leaves it on top of the fridge. She had eaten every piece, then sicked every piece back up. Asked her what the**** she was playing at, and like I said it was through guilt as she's on a diet and had already had shared a Chinese. Luckily I wasn't hungover otherwise I'd of just eaten it anyway, but jesus wept. 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m interested in Steve Bruce’s tactics on Brexit negotiations personally...

tenor.gif

Funnily enough just had a browse of the Bruce thread.... considering we have gone over a week without playing I assumed it would be fairly quiet. How wrong I was! 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

tenor.gif

Funnily enough just had a browse of the Bruce thread.... considering we have gone over a week without playing I assumed it would be fairly quiet. How wrong I was! 

It's been very quiet in off topic. The Bruce thread is like clockwork.

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m interested in Steve Bruce’s tactics on Brexit negotiations personally...

Could have fooled me, looks like the government are taking his lead to be honest, show up without plan and make things up as you go along. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

When we next lose there is going to be a monumental outpouring of emotion in that thread. Its going to be on a level never seen before on VT. :lol: 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

When you step on to an escalator that isn’t working... you know it isn’t working which essential makes it a flight of stairs. But something in my brain refuses to tell my legs that and you end up with some sort of weird tentative walk.

Usually escalator steps have a higher rise than fixed steps which will make you feel like you are walking differently.

When I worked in Brussels, most escalators only operate when you break a light beam when you approach. This means you don't know if they are broken until you are on them. They were never broken, but I always had that moment of hesitation.

Â