Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I've installed a solar security light. It works surprisingly well and doesn't need a connection to the mains which was really handy. It's on a PIR sensor and is surprisingly bright. Chuffed with it. Screwfix, £30.

It did work really well. Until the crow that lives in the tree across the lane decided to make it part of his daily routine to turn the solar panel over.

I suppose it makes a nice change for him, dicking about with my security light. He spends most of his time fighting his own reflection in my neighbours garage window or dropping random stuff in my pond.

How 'first world problems' am I !!!

1 hour ago, Warnock said:

Having nothing to do on a Saturday again. Bored out my brains and it's not even midday... 

Know that feeling today. Weather has ruined my plans... was planning on meeting a couple of mates in Solihull for beers, food and then a non league footie game (Solihull Moors v FC United of Manchester) but the game has been called off :(

23 hours ago, BOF said:

So he has basically answered that 'talking' is his party trick.  Well bra-f**king-vo.

Yeah. But I've heard some of his anecdotes and they are appalling.

Found a house to buy in December, today we went to the bank to get a mortgage promise, which we got, straight out the bank to the estate agent to make offer on said house.

it sold yesterday. FFS.

Found a house to buy in December, today we went to the bank to get a mortgage promise, which we got, straight out the bank to the estate agent to make offer on said house.

it sold yesterday. FFS.

That just means you dodged a bullet and something better is on the horizon.

Think positive!

I'm selling my house, you can buy that :)

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That just means you dodged a bullet and something better is on the horizon.

Think positive!

I'm selling my house, you can buy that :)

After the initial disappointment were thinking it just wasn't meant to be now, it's just so annoying considering when we found the house we went through an independent mortgage advisor on recommendation to see if we could get the money and he was adamant we wouldn't because my missus has just gone back to work on maternity and I'm self employed,  and after all that today our own bank offered us a third more than what we were looking for. 

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It took you over  a month after finding the house to get to the bank to arrange an AIP? I had mine before I even looked at any houses. :huh:

It's complicated, after an independent mortgage advisor said it wasn't possible a chance meeting with an old mate who works for tsb set us up a meeting at he's bank which happened today, it's my own fault really for not exploring all the possibilities

Ahh, that's not great. At least you have it now though. When I was looking about 18 months ago, I saw and lost about 4 different 'dream houses' before I got this place, and now I'm so glad that the others didn't work out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Ahh, that's not great. At least you have it now though. When I was looking about 18 months ago, I saw and lost about 4 different 'dream houses' before I got this place, and now I'm so glad that the others didn't work out.

Yeah, we've found a few more today to look at next week, it's just been a bit of a blow losing a good house because we're having trouble with our landlady an we really can't wait to stop paying her mortgage off for her

picked up the next two Discworld novels in my run of reading them in chronological order without checking the back cover, read the first one and it was about Rincewind at the least the next one will be more interesting...

nope, about the Witches. 

• Parents who allow their kids to run around restaurants screaming and shouting when people are trying to eat
  • The management of such establishments not having any balls to say anything or throw the offending families out
  • People who drive small cars but when they turn left, veer out right first, as if they are driving a truck
  • James Corden
Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, V01 said:

Death is good too, but the Watch is at least two steps above everything else.

The Watch books are the best, as they feature the strongest set of characters Pratchett developed and the best character full stop in Vimes, but they do tail off post Night Watch massively, even accounting for Night Watch being the best in the series.

The Witches have a couple of stand out stories in Lords and Ladies, Masquerade and Carpe Jugullum so don't give up on them entirely. Even Rincewind gets a decent story in the Last Continent.

Â