Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, BOF said:

If what his attorneys are saying there about how he was treated is true then I hope he gets every penny.  The system can not treat people like that.  Much less innocent people and much less kids.  What a f**ked up world.

What happens the next time a kid takes a clock to school and everyone thinks , **** I'd better be right or it's going to cost us $15 m and so they do nothing and it is a bomb  ?  yeah the school \police over reacted but , it's not like America never had problems at it's schools before  , is it ?

but regarding this kid , it should have been resolved with an apology  and the end of the matter .. $15m is bullshit  , I hope he doesn't get a penny

Tony it was established before the interrogation that it wasn't a bomb.  That would have been the first thing they established.  A school-child not being allowed to contact parents is very wrong.  But far worse and worrying than that is being pressured into signing a statement that wasn't his by both the school and the police admitting to guilt of it being a hoax bomb, under durress and under threat of expulsion with zero due process - AFTER the fact was established that it was a clock and by extension he was innocent ?  Am I the only sane one left?

• Like 4

Tony it was established before the interrogation that it wasn't a bomb.  That would have been the first thing they established.  A school-child not being allowed to contact parents is very wrong.  But far worse and worrying than that is being pressured into signing a statement that wasn't his by both the school and the police admitting to guilt of it being a hoax bomb, under durress and under threat of expulsion with zero due process - AFTER the fact was established that it was a clock and by extension he was innocent ?  Am I the only sane one left?

No. It was absolutely disgusting.

Just to defend the police for a minute here and bring some common sense into this.

I've looked at pictures of this kid and he's clearly a bit brown. I can't work out why they didn't just shoot him and push the gun into his cold dead hand, after being taped giving him a good kicking.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BOF said:

apparently you want to give him $15m .. I'd say next you'll be wearing a pink shirt to work *

When you say it was established  , Is this established  or the wording in his frivolous lawsuit claim ? because on one hand I see that he was questioned by police for an hour and a half , handcuffed, and transported to a juvenile detention facility, fingerprinted and photographed and then released to his parents which differs vastly from the account you give above  ... so , has it been established which version of events are true ?

(* lets see who gets it)

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah but $15m!  Someone that lost all their limbs due to neglect wouldn't even get near that.

just read a woman who had her camera confiscated at JFK's shooting has now slapped in a $10m lawsuit claim against the FBI ...I'd say clock boys lawyers should reconsider and go for $20 m

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That kid who took a homemade clock to school and got arrested coz it looked like a bomb

They wanted to find out if anyone had given him a hand and what their face looked like

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

Tony there's no realistic scenario where this plays out and the first thing that is not made safe is the threat of a bomb.

I'm confused  , are you saying that  what you posted wasn't established fact then   ?

Ah now Tony.  I'm only as privvy as everyone else to the details.  The whole premise of what I'm posting; as I outlined in my first post on the matter; and the resulting conversation about compensation is "If what his attorneys are saying there about how he was treated is true then I hope he gets every penny".  Now if it turns out they're lying through their teeth, what do you think my opinion would be then?  I've read enough about the behaviour of American officialdom in the past years to be highly sceptical of the behaviour of those in positions of authority who often believe rightly that they can behave above the law and get away with it.  Let's see what happens.  It'll all come out in the wash no doubt.

7 hours ago, Jon said:

Indeed. Whilst I'm sure he didn't mean to do that, to seek to classify 'most' mental health issues as being suffered by ageing men people with poor education/training/life chances etc does really oversimplify mental health problems ion general. They may well be the most prone demographic, but there are a multitude of reasons for people/men to suffer mental health problems, not simply socio-economic ones.

Just look at our own Stanley Victor Collymore for but 1 example.

I'm looking for the word "most" in my post, and I can't seem to find it....

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ah now Tony.  I'm only as privvy as everyone else to the details.  The whole premise of what I'm posting; as I outlined in my first post on the matter; and the resulting conversation about compensation is "If what his attorneys are saying there about how he was treated is true then I hope he gets every penny".  Now if it turns out they're lying through their teeth, what do you think my opinion would be then?  I've read enough about the behaviour of American officialdom in the past years to be highly sceptical of the behaviour of those in positions of authority who often believe rightly that they can behave above the law and get away with it.  Let's see what happens.  It'll all come out in the wash no doubt.

tbf though , that wasn't what you said (at least in the response to me , maybe you'd written something else prior that I'd not seen )  so the 4 likes you got should be stricken from your account :P 

... but yep I agree it will all come out  .... except it probably wont as the kid will settle out of court on the condition nobody ever speaks about it ..which is probably the whole point of the lawsuit to start with  ....

8 hours ago, JB said:

WTF?! That's a gross generalisation that seems to write-off the experiences of the thousands of educated, skilled and trained men suffering from genuine mental health issues.

You are misinterpreting my statement. If you think I was making a blanket declaration, you are simply wrong. If I was to"write off" other men's experiences with genuine mental health issues, then I would have. But I didn't. And this is coming from someone who has a genuine mental health issue...(minus the education -_-)

Â