Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I used to work with a bloke who was always moaning that he was too nice for most women.

He'd basically be infatuated with any female who talked to him on a regular basis; he'd then make a failed attempt to get with them, and follow that up with complaints that women only like bad boys.

It was probably more to do with the fact that he was a know it all, over weight hermit whose only hobbies are playing netball (yes, netball) and the occasional Mario Kart tournament at his mate's house.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

The common misconception of the "fatigue" of professional footballers by the general public.

Yeah but all that money they earn!!

I pay for a season ticket!!!

...jesus wept.

Yep. And the belief that if a player is rested because he's "tired" it means that they are so tired that they can't physically play football.

That's not why players are rested. It's not like they are gonna collapse before the 90 minutes are up because they're so tired.

• Like 2

whiny 'decent/nice guys'.

stop complaining about not having sex. no one cares and you aren't entitled to a **** simply for being decent or nice or whatever the ****.

they usually be like

wah wah wah girls don't like me but like those dickheads who treat them mean wah wah wah i would treat them nice and respectful wah wah wah i'm nice wah wah wah sluts whores nvm i'll just play minecraft until i'm 35 and then they'll see me for what i really am wah wah wah

pro tip: if you have that attitude you aren't decent or nice, you're a cock.

I still love the Seinfeld episode where George pretends to be bad.

• Like 4

stop complaining about not having sex. no one cares and you aren't entitled to a **** simply for being decent or nice or whatever the ****.

they usually be like

wah wah wah girls don't like me but like those dickheads who treat them mean wah wah wah i would treat them nice and respectful wah wah wah i'm nice wah wah wah sluts whores nvm i'll just play minecraft until i'm 35 and then they'll see me for what i really am wah wah wah

Indeed. What they don't seem to realise is that the reason "bad boys" get the girls is not because they're bastards, but because they tend to be confident. It does seem to work out that to be a word removed you have to be arrogant too. The reason these so called bad boys don't keep the girls is because they are arrogant. Swings and roundabouts.

You can be a good guy and confident, it just takes effort. The problem with the guys you're taking about, as you kinda point out, is that rather than making that effort they'd rather sit around wanking and playing computer games than get out there and challenge themselves to be confident, to deal with rejection, to become a **** man.

Women are attracted to alpha males, this is evolutionary fact. But that doesn't have to involve being a bastard. There in the confusion lies.

• Like 3

Football.

I used to love it, I mean really really love it in an all consuming way.

Now, now I think its ugly, broken and a shell of the game I grew up with.

Football shouldn't piss me off but it does and it is doing more and more by the month.

If Villa wasnt around I dont think I would bother with it. 

• Like 1

Football.

Football shouldn't piss me off but it does and it is doing more and more by the month.

get yourself some non-league action, it's a revelation

still competitive but without the crazy prices and pressure and travelling and car parking hassle

I'm out Tuesday night. £4 entry to shout random crap at blokes from Caldicot, so it'll be a treat for them to see somebody that isn't a relative and has a metric number of toes and fingers. I will mentally destroy them with my big city wit. I will also leave the ground at half time to pop across the road for a bag of chips. I will also have an input on the half time mix tape music. I won the goalden goal at the last game, £20.

Doesn't get better than that.

they usually be like

Indeed. What they don't seem to realise is that the reason "bad boys" get the girls is not because they're bastards, but because they tend to be confident. It does seem to work out that to be a word removed you have to be arrogant too. The reason these so called bad boys don't keep the girls is because they are arrogant. Swings and roundabouts.

You can be a good guy and confident, it just takes effort. The problem with the guys you're taking about, as you kinda point out, is that rather than making that effort they'd rather sit around wanking and playing computer games than get out there and challenge themselves to be confident, to deal with rejection, to become a **** man.

Women are attracted to alpha males, this is evolutionary fact. But that doesn't have to involve being a bastard. There in the confusion lies.

Perhaps the whining bunch of losers which CED so eloquently describes, are a sign that, what the Japanese describe as 'grass-eaters' are about to emerge in Western society?

they usually be like

Perhaps the whining bunch of losers which CED so eloquently describes, are a sign that, what the Japanese describe as 'grass-eaters' are about to emerge in Western society?

Perhaps we'll also develop a taste for anime, eating live octopus' and diddling schoolgirls. We're 2/3 of the way there it seems. 

Football.

get yourself some non-league action, it's a revelation

still competitive but without the crazy prices and pressure and travelling and car parking hassle

I'm out Tuesday night. £4 entry to shout random crap at blokes from Caldicot, so it'll be a treat for them to see somebody that isn't a relative and has a metric number of toes and fingers. I will mentally destroy them with my big city wit. I will also leave the ground at half time to pop across the road for a bag of chips. I will also have an input on the half time mix tape music. I won the goalden goal at the last game, £20.

Doesn't get better than that.

This is a lovely idea, but I just can not bring myself to care about non league football, like I do the Villa. Aside from Sunday league teams, Villa are the nearest club to where I'm from, so I have a local connection with them that I wouldn't get with any other team. Plus family and friends that are associated with following the club. I've been to watch Darlington a few times, while living up here, and as much as I've wanted them to win, I've not really given a shit if I was being honest. The idea of supporting another club is just such an alien concept, that I could never enjoy non league football, unless the club in question was some kind of splinter or phoenix club of the Villa.

Agreed on the non league stuff. I sometimes go and watch Guiseley (pub crawling distance from my house). It's fun, and it's cheap, BUT... I can't really bring myself to care about them, like I do the Villa.

Another vote for non league here. Bromsgrove Rovers / Sporting for me. Although I will watch any old crap. And how about getting yourself over the water and seeing a bit of European action. It's not as expensive as you might think and you can usually have a good weekend away in the process (Obviously this won't appeal to Farage) (Apologies Donster) 

• Like 1

I guess for me, knowing a couple of the players, having written one of the old school fanzines (Lowlife, £1, excellent read) and having done a few european trips back in the day makes it a bit different. It's also fan owned and I've paid my dues, so I actually own about 0.5% of it and have voting rights.

So I guess I'm also one of the fat cats. I think that's what they were calling me, they were chanting from the other stand, it wasn't perfectly clear.

Another vote for non league here. Bromsgrove Rovers / Sporting for me. Although I will watch any old crap. And how about getting yourself over the water and seeing a bit of European action. It's not as expensive as you might think and you can usually have a good weekend away in the process (Obviously this won't appeal to Donnie) (Apologies Donster)

Fixed.

• Like 1

Â