Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

They usually hiss and disappear into the shadows when they get a whiff of saturated fat.

Get with the times grandma, some saturated fats (namely medium chain triglycerides) are good.

I know you don't care but I thought you might appreciate some up to date info for when you're scolding gym bores IRL.

The last thing you want is them having the chance to correct you.

• Like 1

My Windows phone (I know) (soz D), making me look an absolute goon...

I got an email today about getting priority tickets for the Ashes next Summer, and I'd been discussing going with my mate. I also know another guy who shares my said mate's exact name (even middle initial). I have my mate listed under his nickname on my phone and the other guy (Simon if you're reading this, as I know you are a Villa fan, apologies again!) under his full name, so as not to confuse them. Now this was fine on my old phone, as they were easily distinguishable, but on my Windows phone, it groups mobile numbers, email addresses, and facebook accounts all together. Anyway I text my mate, to check if it was ok to ring him, as I thought he may be in work. He text back saying it's ok. I then go to my phone directory and ring what I assume is his mobile. Only it's not, it's the other guy, who I've not been in contact with for about 2 or 3 years. He didn't answer, but then rang back straight away. I'm out and about, it's loud, and the signal isn't great. I then have a bizarre conversation, in which I'm explaining the craic about tickets, and the guy who I think is my mate, agreeing to go to the cricket. I put the phone down, but something just didn't feel right, so I text my mate back, along the lines of, "this is going to sound mental, but I did just speak to you on the phone didn't I?". He text me back, asking if I'm on crack? It then takes me half an hour to figure out what the hell I've done, and then then get back in touch with the other guy to sort out my mistake. He's still not returned my text (assuming I sent it to the right bloody number!), and I feel like crap, not being able to get a ticket like I'd phoned up out of the blue and offered!

• Like 2

I bet he has been going through a tough time, his girlfriend had left him, his friends had all drifted away, he was overworked, underpaid and underappreciated.He trudged to work that morning, the same way he did every morning, the grey backdrop matched that of his spirit.

He spent his weekends alone in his flat, with nobody to speak to, nobody to reach out to and nobody to tell him everything is going to be alright. 

Then this he gets a phonecall from an old pal, a solitary phonecall in a sea of loneliness, it was his old pal, he offered him a day out. Maybe it wasn't all bad, maybe everything was going to be okay. He rushed home to his cat "Hey Mittins, Daddy made a friend today"  He reached for his pen, got out his diary, a black book of bleakness and misery, and with teardrops sprinkling the page wrote one sentence "It's all going to be okay."

Meanwhile, his phone,sat at work in his desk.The blue light of a messge received, awaiting.

Flashing in the dark, but this is no beacon of hope, it is a beacon of despair, each glow like the rhythm of a beating heart, counting down the hours until it can take no more.

Simon :(

Is he a teacher?

I bet he has been going through a tough time, his girlfriend had left him, his friends had all drifted away, he was overworked, underpaid and underappreciated.He trudged to work that morning, the same way he did every morning, the grey backdrop matched that of his spirit.

He spent his weekends alone in his flat, with nobody to speak to, nobody to reach out to and nobody to tell him everything is going to be alright.

Then this he gets a phonecall from an old pal, a solitary phonecall in a sea of loneliness, it was his old pal, he offered him a day out. Maybe it wasn't all bad, maybe everything was going to be okay. He rushed home to his cat "Hey Mittins, Daddy made a friend today" He reached for his pen, got out his diary, a black book of bleakness and misery, and with teardrops sprinkling the page wrote one sentence "It's all going to be okay."

Meanwhile, his phone,sat at work in his desk.The blue light of a messge received, awaiting.

Flashing in the dark, but this is no beacon of hope, it is a beacon of despair, each glow like the rhythm of a beating heart, counting down the hours until it can take no more.

Is he a teacher?

Well, is there something in particular that he can't do very well?

Then this he gets a phonecall from an old pal, a solitary phonecall in a sea of loneliness, it was his old pal, he offered him a day out. Maybe it wasn't all bad, maybe everything was going to be okay. He rushed home to his cat "Hey Mittins, Daddy made a friend today"  He reached for his pen, got out his diary, a black book of bleakness and misery, and with teardrops sprinkling the page wrote one sentence "It's all going to be okay."

Bloody hell, the first bit is me!  :D

Least I can laugh about it, eh?  :(

Edited by Xela

Simon still hasn't responded. I hope he hasn't done anything silly.

Like what?

Send "It's okay, thought it was a bit strange you'd call after so long. No hard feelings." to the wrong Dave?

Because yeah, that'd be silly.

• Like 2

Simon still hasn't responded. I hope he hasn't done anything silly.

Like what?

Send "It's okay, thought it was a bit strange you'd call after so long. No hard feelings." to the wrong Dave?

Because yeah, that'd be silly.

Hello Dave

tumblr_mha1wiO8Us1rw7t9oo1_400.gif

• Like 4

Â