Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My lad is 4 and I've had in mind to take him to Villa park when he's a bit older than he is now. Might save him the hassle and take him to the zoo that day instead.

If you've had to suffer, it's only right he should too. The sins of the father, and all that.

Good point, my father didn't care enough to take me too the zoo instead.

I was born a couple of years before our greatest triumph, so grew up wondering how the bag of shit my Dad made me watch could possibly have been Champions of Europe a couple of years earlier. 

I don't really like football any more either, I'm still a villa fan and when we are on telly I will watch us, if there is something big happening then I venture into the dark side of the forum where people argue about the same thing over and over, if I'm round at me mom n dads on a Sunday I'll watch whatever football is on.

That's about it though, I can't remember the last time I even watched MOTD

I find it more sad than anything, for years the villa and football in general was the biggest thing in my life

• Like 2

My lad is 4 and I've had in mind to take him to Villa park when he's a bit older than he is now. Might save him the hassle and take him to the zoo that day instead.

If you've had to suffer, it's only right he should too. The sins of the father, and all that.

Good point, my father didn't care enough to take me too the zoo instead.

Be glad he didn't take you to the zoo in small heath.

x factor

i get the whole make the song your own bollocks, but you're singing john lennon imagine, you've changed the tune, you've changed the pace, you done some kind of wobbly thing on the chorus,,,

sorry love who are you again?

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Knowing that in 40 years I'll regret having tossed all my old Goal and Four Four Two mags....

Yep. I had an unbroken set of Four Four Two, from issue one. Tried Ebaying them with no interest, so they went in a skip. :(

Pretty much true for me, once upon a time I was a season ticket holder, now I'm lucky if I go to 3 games a season. I tend to stream Villa if they play at 3 on Saturdays or watch them on the TV if they are on live, but increasingly I find myself being unmoved if we concede or even score. I can imagine a time in the not too distant future were I simply do not give a **** about the Villa and football.

I'm fed up of the game, the money in it, the plastic fans that crawl out of the woodwork when teams become successful, the media coverage and 'analysis' of football games, there's really no redeeming qualities to the modern game at the 'top' level. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I feel the same way. But is it really because Villa are so crap? If we got taken over by some gazillionaire and became the next Manchester City, would we still despise this 'broken football'? I honestly don't know.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Football.

I used to love it, I mean really really love it in an all consuming way.

Now, now I think its ugly, broken and a shell of the game I grew up with.

Football shouldn't piss me off but it does and it is doing more and more by the month.

i agree except for the pissing me off part. i kind of just don't care anymore. we won't win anything that matters because we don't have the money. we can't even compete with teams in the top half of the table because we don't have the money. that isn't sport, it's business, and if i wanted that i'd watch the bloody apprentice.

I think the sentiment is shared by a large number of supporters now. I'll always be a Villa fan but It's just not that important to me anymore. The first I knew about the result yesterday was checking my phone at 5pm for the score. I shrugged my shoulders, put my phone back in my pocket and went back to sipping Yamazaki whisky with my mates while we discussed holiday plans! That is far more important to me now than football. I'd forgotten about the result in minutes and went back to having a good time. Years ago it would have ruined my weekend! I'm glad i'm not that fussed anymore. As Trent said, football is broken.

Yup, good post. It's not that important now. I have a passive interest in the NFL and my interest in the Premier League/Aston Villa is now almost reaching the same level. I like to check the results but it's just not that important.

I'm more interested in whether my bets have won and how many points my fantasy team got. That's the extent of the excitement the Premier League gives me these days. If I didn't bet or wasn't in any fantasy leagues then I wonder whether I'd bother at all.

(P.S I like holidays too; and Yamazaki whisky. We should date x)

• Like 1

whiny 'decent/nice guys'.

stop complaining about not having sex. no one cares and you aren't entitled to a **** simply for being decent or nice or whatever the ****.

they usually be like

wah wah wah girls don't like me but like those dickheads who treat them mean wah wah wah i would treat them nice and respectful wah wah wah i'm nice wah wah wah sluts whores nvm i'll just play minecraft until i'm 35 and then they'll see me for what i really am wah wah wah

pro tip: if you have that attitude you aren't decent or nice, you're a cock.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 3

Â