Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

East Midlands Airport this morning, dropping an elderly aunt off.

I did my normal 'elderly' routine, parked up, carried her case in, lifted it onto the scale at check in, walked her to departures, gave her a kiss goodbye and then went on a quest for a pay station.

Lots of big signs all across the expanse of the car park, but none indicating my desired location. Finally i fixed on a sign with an arrow, which led me around to arrivals, to be greeted by three pay stations that were out of order, with a note telling me to use the ones near the car park exits.

Walked to an exit and, bingo, there was one (with a very small sign!). I pushed the card in and it demanded £2.30. As i didn't fancy the £1.50 surcharge for using my credit card, i scrabbled around and found the necessary change.

It gave me back the card that would release me from my hell. I got in the car, drove towards the exit with paid card in hand, and before I could even push the window wind button, the barrier opened....

I did my normal 'elderly' routine, parked up, carried her case in, lifted it onto the scale at check in, walked her to departures, gave her a kiss goodbye and then went on a quest for a pay station.

Lots of big signs all across the expanse of the car park, but none indicating my desired location. Finally i fixed on a sign with an arrow, which led me around to arrivals, to be greeted by three pay stations that were out of order, with a note telling me to use the ones near the car park exits.

Walked to an exit and, bingo, there was one (with a very small sign!). I pushed the card in and it demanded £2.30. As i didn't fancy the £1.50 surcharge for using my credit card, i scrabbled around and found the necessary change.

It gave me back the card that would release me from my hell. I got in the car, drove towards the exit with paid card in hand, and before I could even push the window wind button, the barrier opened....

Lesson learnt.......

Next time make her get the bus.

• Like 1

In currently at Luton airport waiting for a flight

They actually charge you to drop someone off , not park up and walk as you did , but actually to drop someone off at the curb

And they charge you £1 for those see through bags that you have to put your liquids in ... It's the airport authority that insist on it shouldn't make passengers pay ... I've never seen any other airport charge for them quite disgraceful really

Without sounding too much like Victor Meldrew they really should do something at airport security as well ... All the way up the escalator they tell you remove your belt , remove your coat , empty your pockets , take your laptop out the case etc

Why oh why do these morons then get to the desk and then open their suitcase and start rummaging for their liquids and laptops and emptying their pockets whilst everyone behind them has to wait ... Should be an instant back of the queue and start again and don't be such a dumb arse next time

People who have absolutely no sense of humour, who cannot even take the slightest gentle ribbing without taking it personally. 

It shouldn't piss me off because I would hate to have to go through life with that character trait but there you go.

• Like 3

People who have absolutely no sense of humour, who cannot even take the slightest gentle ribbing without taking it personally. 

It shouldn't piss me off because I would hate to have to go through life with that character trait but there you go.

I'm one of 3 blokes in an all female environment as well as being the youngest member of staff. If I couldn't take a ribbing, I'd be out of a job :D

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Free newspaper on the plane today

One article was about a headmaster who has been given 3 weeks off during term time to get married... Much to my amusement the article then mentioned the 13 weeks holiday the headmaster already received :)

Couldn't help but think of VT

Shit use of hash tags on twitter, some of the VT'ers may have seen this tweet.

Massive Good-luck to everyone taking part in the London marathon today! #sweaty #drinkwater #makeittothefinishline #bbcmarathon

#whatisthepoint?

Â