Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Does somebody simply decide they need to pay the bills so they'll write what's wanted ....

It would appear so , why else would the people's champion ( title stolen from Stephen Fry 2013 ) the great Medhi Hasan whore himself out to them with this job application

“Although I am on the left of the political spectrum, and disagree with the Mail’s editorial line on a range of issues, I have always admired the paper’s passion, rigour, boldness and of course, news values. I believe the Mail has a vitally important role to play in the national debate, and I admire your relentless focus on the need for integrity and morality in public life, and your outspoken defence of faith, and Christian culture, in the face of attacks from militant atheists and secularists. ”

• Like 1

http://www.bigtop40.com/

The state of modern music!

I don't let the charts bother me in the slightest. I just say to myself, "It's not for you old man."  

Accept it, move on. You'll be happier in the long run.

This, I dont listen to it so it doesnt interfere in my life, I dont despair as it means nothing to me. Its like despairing at Venezuelan agricultural quotas.

• Like 1

http://www.bigtop40.com/

The state of modern music!

I don't let the charts bother me in the slightest. I just say to myself, "It's not for you old man."  

Accept it, move on. You'll be happier in the long run.

This, I dont listen to it so it doesnt interfere in my life, I dont despair as it means nothing to me. Its like despairing at Venezuelan agricultural quotas.

Kind of. Except that most of us have memories of enjoying the chart music of our youth, so - almost subconsciously - we would sort of still like to listen to the pop charts and hear stuff we like. 

Whereas we never cared about Venezuelan agricultural quotas at any point. 

But in essence, you're right - the trick is to ignore it. 

• Like 1

ah yes, Sunday afternoon, the cassette deck in the radiogram primed ready to record, but Jimmy Saville or whoever talking over the start and finish of the record and ruining the tape*

then realising that having spent all my money on the most expensive cassette was actually a bad move - the chrome ones leave a ghost of last week's recording so you end up with a thin and whispy version of one song under another

considered clever now, its how Mr Fatboyslim got started, but in the days of Girlschool or the Rezillos it just didn't do

*in hindsight, not his worst crime

Edited by chrisp65

Â