Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Colleagues being on a higher wage just because they started before me.

Colleague being on a higher wage despite the fact I out work him in every area.

I am quite lucky in the respect that I have been doing my job for 8 years and am the second longest serving member of the team, when I first started I broke my back trying to do everything and please everyone, I got a couple of good pay rises then got screwed over three years on the trot and realized that I despise the majority of people so I would make it my mission to upset as many managers and team leaders as possible.

I am still the highest earning member of my team

Gas bombs going off again, another night of uncomfortable sleep. Police are rounding up anyone out on the street tonight.

1234978_570925432942868_1615335203_n.jpg

This is 200 metres from my house.

youch, a night for staying in and ordering pizza

be careful

• Like 1

Still can recall by heart the breakdown of 2nd declension neuter nouns in Latin (Bellum, Bellum, Belli, Bello, Bella, Bella, Bellorum Bellis).

Yep. I still remember my first ever Latin lesson, aged 11. The teacher (one Bob Lloyd-Jones) said: "I guarantee that what you are about to learn, you will never forget. Even if you forget every other bit of Latin you subsequently learn, this will stay with you to the end". 

He was right. 

Amo, amas, amat, amamus, amatis, amant. 

Gas bombs going off again, another night of uncomfortable sleep. Police are rounding up anyone out on the street tonight.

1234978_570925432942868_1615335203_n.jpg

This is 200 metres from my house.

youch, a night for staying in and ordering pizza

be careful

Would do but on my FB feed apparently a delivery guy on scoo-tay was taken in aswell!

we might as well the go full retard and bastardise the language by replacing all the "S"'s with "Z"'s

-ise/-ize?

Done to death on here but I'll just reaffirm that I'm in the same camp as Mr Ramsey on that one.

Thats hardly a ringing endorsement :)

• Like 1

Still can recall by heart the breakdown of 2nd declension neuter nouns in Latin (Bellum, Bellum, Belli, Bello, Bella, Bella, Bellorum Bellis).

We used to get a prize if we could fully decline 'hic' within a specific time (I think it was 15 seconds but I may be wrong).

Hic Haec Hoc;

Hunc Hanc Hoc;

and so on (please don't ask me to try and remember it).

I wish I had that schooling. I'm sure I would have detested it at the time, but what a solid basis for language learning it would have given me. I'm from a lost generation where grammar seemed to be, on the whole, ignored at school, and I still struggle with it to this day.

There are no grammatical errors in this post at all, and I don't really understand why people are trying to pick holes in it.

We used to get a prize if we could fully decline 'hic' within a specific time (I think it was 15 seconds but I may be wrong).

Hic Haec Hoc;

Hunc Hanc Hoc;

and so on (please don't ask me to try and remember it).

Can you remember it snowy ?

There are no grammatical errors in this post at all, and I don't really understand why people are trying to pick holes in it.

I must say that I got my arse handed to me on that a while back by Peter and Mike when I complained about use of a comma before a conjunction.

If it's form then fair enough - I don't like it, though.

Edited by snowychap

Â