Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I don't mind the noun cook-off (with the hyphen), meaning a competition.

But 'cook off' as a verb, no. Same goes for 'fry off'. And probably 'boil off', grill off', etc.

Well boil off could be a legitimate cooking direction, as in "boil off the excess water" or some such.

Yes, true. But not "boil off some potatoes" or some such. 

The fact that the Spurs obsession on the site seems to be spreading. I now deliberately avoid the Spurs thread in other football, but now Spurs transfer gossip has gone to the 'other teams transfer gossip thread', and then I went and looked at the Christian Benteke thread, and the Spurs chat has spread there too leading to BOF having to post in big red letters to stop talking about Spurs.

They couldn't give two shits about us, so why do we feel the need to talk about them so much. Anyway rant over.

The fact that the Spurs obsession on the site seems to be spreading. I now deliberately avoid the Spurs thread in other football, but now Spurs transfer gossip has gone to the 'other teams transfer gossip thread', and then I went and looked at the Christian Benteke thread, and the Spurs chat has spread there too leading to BOF having to post in big red letters to stop talking about Spurs.

They couldn't give two shits about us, so why do we feel the need to talk about them so much. Anyway rant over.

Well, Spurs were the ones trying to buy Benteke.

Spurs are an "other team" and it's very possible that one of their players may be the next world record transfer so it seems perfectly reasonable that that would be discussed in the "other teams transfer gossip thread".

The other thread is a thread about them (just as there's a thread about a dozen other teams), so it seems reasonable that the two discussions would overlap.

I'm sure if United were trying to buy Ashley Westwood, and were also on the verge of selling Van Persie for £100m, we'd be discussing them in 3 different threads too.

When people at work have their chat status set to busy as a default.

Renders it meaningless.

I used to do that.  I didn't want Skype on in the first place but they made it company policy, so it was my form of compromise.  It's on, but it's rendered useless.  It's no longer company policy.

I guess that's a bit different.

My problem is people who actually use it have themselves set as always busy. Which makes the whole point of having a busy status moot.

Now I'll chat them and say "Are you busy?", and I'm usually met with the answer "no" so I can chat them.

Whereas if I have my chat set to busy, people will know I'm ACTUALLY too busy to speak to them, because I only use it when that's the case.

(This is "chat" for work purposes fwiw. I'm not talking about non-work chat)

People who take it on themselves to enforce bullshit on the basis that it's "company policy".

on a similar note we had our BSI inspection last week , whereby some wannbe tries to impose her wishes as our "company policy" 

needless to say she I'm the stubbornness man in England when people like that tell me to do something so she didn't get her way  ..and we still passed  ... they can't really fail you tbh for not implementing their will

People who take it on themselves to enforce bullshit on the basis that it's "company policy".

on a similar note we had our BSI inspection last week , whereby some wannbe tries to impose her wishes as our "company policy" 

needless to say she I'm the stubbornness man in England when people like that tell me to do something so she didn't get her way  ..and we still passed  ... they can't really fail you tbh for not implementing their will

Yeah, it's easier to tell people to feck off if you know what you're doing. I pity people starting out in their careers: They have to swallow it all.

When people at work have their chat status set to busy as a default.

Renders it meaningless.

The Benteke to Spurs thing is over now and has been for 2 weeks but people were still chatting for 2 pages about it.   Anyway moving on............................

People who talk too damn much. Girl I know at work will not shut the hell up about her boyfriend, I'm passive these days, so I say nothing but that may change if it continues.

I have just realized I quoted the wrong post, but I can't be bothered to change it now. Stupid me.

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 1

Â