Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The difference is when you know your mate isn't gonna come out as it was cause friction with his bird and that's not worth the fun the would be had on the night out.

As opposed to, he would really rather just stay in with the bird this evening instead of going out.

It's hard for those who don't change much when they've a girlfriend to not get irritated when those who do change are staying in for the non friction reason.

It seems to be the same mates. Either they need bossy girlfriends or they are punching above their weight and don't want to lose their bird.

I once saw a parrot show in... Lanzarote? Maybe. It was essentially in a concrete hut with wee rectangular windows just below the roof, so sod all light got in. The show itself was so depressing. A few parrots did the can-can, rode bicycles, and one conducted a toy train, I think. That last bit could've been a Simpsons episode. Anyway, point of the story is, well there isn't one.

That is what pisses me off.

I was going to say this.

I'm probably in the latter group. I do like a night out now and then, once a month or so, perhaps. But most of the time I'd rather spend my Saturday evening having a nice meal with the other half. 

I do love spending time with my missus, and she's better company than my friends most of the time.

which is what Stevo and myself were talking about ....  I don't think either of us were suggesting everyone leaves their other halves for the lads  every week / every day

Nah that's fair enough.

Was just adding a bit of balance from the view those whose attendance at such things isn't as high as it could be. Sometimes I think I should be going out with my friends more often, but it usually ends in some kind of trouble in all honesty.

I do like a good night out, but am definitely guilty of avoiding such things more often than I probably should.

Agreed, I wouldn't expect my mates with families and kids to want to come out every week. But even trying to arrange something once every couple of months can be a chore. They all say "i'd love to but the mrs won't allow me" or something to that effect. Some won't even ask their other half as they already know the answer will be no! That's what pisses me off! Their spinelessness (is that a word?) and the selfish view taken by their girlfriends! 

From a personal perspective I wouldn't want to be a relationship where my other half didn't 'allow' me out! My last relationship was fine, I preferred to spent my time with the lady but she had no problem with me going out every few weeks with the boys or having the odd weekend away and myself likewise. 

Exactly Xela.  And yet I can't help feeling that the guys who are in those suffocating relationships actually do want to be in them and they just play the 'woe is me I can't get out' card so as not to lose face with their mates when in reality they're more than happy to stay home 'against their will'(sic).  Just admit it and we'll stop asking :)

Spot on BOF. If they said "you know what, I'm not coming out as the missus is cooking a curry, we're going to watch a film and she said i could do her up the wrong 'un" then I would have no problem with that!  :D

Exactly Xela.  And yet I can't help feeling that the guys who are in those suffocating relationships actually do want to be in them and they just play the 'woe is me I can't get out' card so as not to lose face with their mates when in reality they're more than happy to stay home 'against their will'(sic).  Just admit it and we'll stop asking :)

Juat admit that you're getting older, are too fugly to pull a bird, never mind settle down with one and are just drinking to drown your sorrows and mask your lack of masculinity.  Because you're so unhappy with your own trite existence you have to try to hide this by ruining your mates' lives as you seek to prolong what's left of your younger years.  Us real men have found our partner, have engaged in enough how's your father to sire a sprog or two, and can now pick and choose our nights out as we see fit, safe in the knowledge that our lives on the whole are sorted and we have the best of both worlds.  :)  B)  :P

• Like 3

Juat admit that you're getting older, are too fugly to pull a bird, never mind settle down with one and are just drinking to drown your sorrows and mask your lack of masculinity.  Because you're so unhappy with your own trite existence you have to try to hide this by ruining your mates' lives as you seek to prolong what's left of your younger years.  Us real men have found our partner, have engaged in enough how's your father to sire a sprog or two, and can now pick and choose our nights out as we see fit, safe in the knowledge that our lives on the whole are sorted and we have the best of both worlds.  :)  B)  :P

hqdefault.jpg

When the women at work ask me 'have you had your hair cut'? after I've quire obviously had an haircut

They ask me when I quite obviously haven't!

When I trim my beard they always ask me if I've cut my hair. I usually look at them all gormless, shit on their boot's meal deal and leave with a fabulous flounce. 

Â