Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I don't know if this guy was a mate or summat, but when things like this are involved I always go down the official route.

I'd like to do that but don't really know how to go about it. We signed a "contract" (I drew it up but based on a template I found online) outlining the notice period.

But all I have now is his name. No new address. I know where he works but I suspect that the reason he's left is he may have changed jobs.

Were you and your husemate on really  bad terms with each other? It seems strange that he would just leave like that without telling you.

Nope. Perfectly good terms. Didn't see that much of him. I work a 9 to 5 and he worked at a hotel so quite often he'd be working whenever I was at home. And he spent most of his time in his room.

So I wouldn't say we were mates, but I spoke to him often enough and we certainly weren't on bad terms.

The annual lads holiday organising and the increasing excuses/worming out that comes with it from mates who won't stand up to their missus.

Here's a summary of a conversation I had with one of my mates earlier:

"So, you coming this year?"

"Umm, erm...nah, I can't really get the time off; what with the new job and everything"

"Yeah, but you DO get annual leave and they can't stop you taking it"

"Well, urm, true, but I don't have the money. I'll come next year"

(I know full well he has the money given he earns circa 50K)

"So you'll have the money next year!?"

"Yeah, I'll have paid off a few things off and stuff so will be in a much better position"

"Okay, I'll lend you the money until next year then"

"{now flustered, defensive and irrate}...look I just can't do it. Okay. I can't afford a frivolous holiday"

What it boils down to is he has a new girlfriend and hadn't got the spuds to tell her he wants to do a trip with mates. He was all up for it until he met her.

Then I had the token phone call to a mate whose missus has just had a baby. I knew it was a pointless call, but a good reinforcement for my reasoning for not wanting kids.

• Like 2

^^^ on a similar note, the amount of effort it takes to arrange a night out these days because my mates have girlfriends.

Used to be that on a Friday we'd just say "We going out tonight?" and we'd all go out.

I've been trying to arrange a night out with a particular group (it has to be these certain people) and it's now 3 months into trying to organise it and we just can't find a date. People keep committing to it and then dropping out because of their girlfriends (and some other shit).

Depresses me that I have to put meeting notices in people's calendars for nights out months in advance.

Shouldn't annoy me, because that's growing up, and if I had a girlfriend I'd probably be the same. But still, it's frustrating.

Speaking of BBC3, I'm going on a stag do next weekend and I find this beauty in my inbox (group message)

Oh and im pretty sure Thanks to Darren (you ass!) ha ha, there is going to b a tv crew filming some summer holiday programme for BBC3 at Europa park and Darren kindly (not) had a word about my stag do and looks like we might all b on camera. oh dear!

Don't know whether to just laugh or be pissed off.

The annual lads holiday organising and the increasing excuses/worming out that comes with it from mates who won't stand up to their missus.

"Umm, erm...nah, I can't really get the time off; what with the new job and everything"

"Yeah, I'll have paid off a few things off and stuff so will be in a much better position"

"{now flustered, defensive and irrate}...look I just can't do it. Okay. I can't afford a frivolous holiday"

What it boils down to is he has a new girlfriend and hadn't got the spuds to tell her he wants to do a trip with mates. He was all up for it until he met her.

Then I had the token phone call to a mate whose missus has just had a baby. I knew it was a pointless call, but a good reinforcement for my reasoning for not wanting kids.

We've spoke about this before but isn't it sad how some men lose their backbone when they get with someone?

I have mates who change completely when they are in a relationship. Its like their personalities become subdued and they are a shadow of their former selves. I know compromise is needed in relationships but it seems that some of my mates are scared of their other halves. 

^^^ on a similar note, the amount of effort it takes to arrange a night out these days because my mates have girlfriends.

Used to be that on a Friday we'd just say "We going out tonight?" and we'd all go out.

I've been trying to arrange a night out with a particular group (it has to be these certain people) and it's now 3 months into trying to organise it and we just can't find a date. People keep committing to it and then dropping out because of their girlfriends (and some other shit).

Depresses me that I have to put meeting notices in people's calendars for nights out months in advance.

Shouldn't annoy me, because that's growing up, and if I had a girlfriend I'd probably be the same. But still, it's frustrating.

our gang used to meet up regularly and the same thing happened

in fact if it wasn't for Mr Social planner here I don't think any of them would ever go out  ... I just keep persevering with it for some reason

we got 10 of us out last Friday to the oval for the cricket  ...Afterwards  5 of us went on to O'Neils in Woking and a 2am drink .. the other 5 went home after the cricket to their girlfriends etc and tucked up in bed by 10 pm

maybe I'm just lucky to have  a wonderful understanding wife ... either that or she doesn't like me and wants me out the house :)

We've spoke about this before but isn't it sad how some men lose their backbone when they get with someone?

I have mates who change completely when they are in a relationship. Its like their personalities become subdued and they are a shadow of their former selves. I know compromise is needed in relationships but it seems that some of my mates are scared of their other halves. 

Mrs H believes boys will be boys and thus need a night out  ( though not every week of course as we have commitments with the kids that a hung-over Daddy can't cope with :)  ... plus of course I get to do my annual trip with my mates whilst she and the kids go to Hungary

you hear the whispers and gossip that certain people think your marriage is in some form of trouble because you go out until 5am on a lads night out  , but I'm sure the repressed ones marriages will break before ours  ....when we do go out all they do is bloody moan about their wives' not letting them out late !!

Two weeks before Christmas I've got a boys trip to that London booked for a big weekend of gigs and booze.

It's planned now because we need to make sure we've got tickets and we need to make sure we've got decent digs.

A weekend away, mid December, when you have family, shows a very understanding missus.

I've also got them on warning I'll be watching more Villa this year.

BUT, by the same token, I will be using 'family commitments' as an excuse to bail out of a lot of work organised Friday nights that I really can't be arsed with.

Two weeks before Christmas I've got a boys trip to that London booked for a big weekend of gigs and booze.

It's planned now because we need to make sure we've got tickets and we need to make sure we've got decent digs.

A weekend away, mid December, when you have family, shows a very understanding missus.

I've also got them on warning I'll be watching more Villa this year.

BUT, by the same token, I will be using 'family commitments' as an excuse to bail out of a lot of work organised Friday nights that I really can't be arsed with.

yeah the  "family commitments"  card gets used a lot in our household  ..... got invited to some boring do the other day so played the Joker

Families in general a lot of the time. God I'm glad my lot have **** off to Exmouth for 2 weeks. Only a week of freedom left

Just post a police leaflet of some kind through their door. Or a "tip-off" to them that the police have them under surveillance. Should do the trick

Â