Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

and we don't want to **** you because you are revolting, not because we are intimidated by your all-woman hotness.

Speak for yourself, some of us have to take what we can get

Adverts (not trailers) in cinemas.

Well, they need to make money.

They might make more money if they made the whole cinema experience more customer friendly.

People who do stuff just to keep up or because of the fear of missing out. I am almost certain that people are doing things in life to keep up rather then because they want to. Loads of women having kids because their friends and sister's are for example.

Agreed. Had a plenty of thought on the subject. But women who want kids have a biological clock. Men we're fine we just get younger girlfriends. I'm thinking 5 or 6 years younger than me us what I need.

4 by 4 cars for people that don't live on mountains or the bush

Naming your children with some daft name cause some celeb happened to do so

Backpackers

People on Facebook who are outraged by some muslim act or another and demand you repost it on your wall to prove something or other  ( mainly how retarded you are   !)  ...

and of course  ......

Twitter

The scroll bar on my web browser keeps going white. As in, not the whole scroll bar, just the small bit that you actually drag up and down.

Well annoying as it makes it practically invisible

Like your penis...

Your mom saw it just fine...

1920s-Naval-Binoculars.jpg

People who do stuff just to keep up or because of the fear of missing out. I am almost certain that people are doing things in life to keep up rather then because they want to. Loads of women having kids because their friends and sister's are for example.

Agreed. Had a plenty of thought on the subject. But women who want kids have a biological clock. Men we're fine we just get younger girlfriends. I'm thinking 5 or 6 years younger than me us what I need.

Regarding the biological clock true, but I'm not sure it kicks in at 18 to 22, It think its starts when you head towards 30. Anyway its their life, so I guess they can do what they want. In countries like Germany and France it is not so prevalent though.

Exactly! Us men, we mature well (like a fine wine), but women do not: they lose their form, become less attractive with age, and ultimately can no longer bear children*. We can just continue to gleefully sow our seed.

*Actually, I read an article recently in which an evolutionary scientist stated that evolution developed the menopause in women because beyond a certain age, they become less attractive to men (who would much rather impregnate a younger woman), and so become unneeded in that sense.

Regarding the biological clock true, but I'm not sure it kicks in at 18 to 22, It think its starts when you head towards 30. Anyway its their life, so I guess they can do what they want. In countries like Germany and France it is not so prevalent though.

I turned 31 last month. So I'm speaking about the flurry of weddings happening and how a mate broke up with his 33 year old girl friend as she wanted marriage and kids and he wasn't near ready for that.

Men can escape the clock more than women. It's common for your girlfriend to be younger than you for such reasons. I'd like a nice 26 year old at this stage tbh.

*Actually, I read an article recently in which an evolutionary scientist stated that evolution developed the menopause in women because beyond a certain age, they become less attractive to men (who would much rather impregnate a younger woman), and so become unneeded in that sense.

This is complete BS! (Sorry if I come over a bit aggressive) This is not how evolution works, evolution occurs from the passing on of genes from parent to offspring with mutations occurring for various properties to adapt (i.e. Opposable thumbs). If a women became infertile because she was no longer attractive to men (which is absurd in itself), how would she pass this property on? She can't, so the trait would not evolve into a trait shared by the entire species just a few select individual members.

The much more likely and supported (I think) theory is that When women become a certain age, the risk of dying in childbirth is much higher and risks the death of unborn children and dependant children she already has, is also higher. Therefore she becomes infertile to avoid her and her children's deaths. Also this process means that the Infertile woman, or "Grandmother", can pass on her wisdom to other younger women who can still bear children and helps the survival of not only her offspring but the entire species. Grandmothers are also hugely important in the development of their Grandchildren, as they then have two or three mothers effectively (Biological and two grandmothers), which means raising a child is not as stressful and draining as it should be, and increases likelihood of survival for the child.

EDIT: I have no idea how I managed to post this four times!  :blush:

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

This is complete BS! (Sorry if I come over a bit aggressive) This is not how evolution works, evolution occurs from the passing on of genes from parent to offspring with mutations occurring for various properties to adapt (i.e. Opposable thumbs). If a women became infertile because she was no longer attractive to men (which is absurd in itself), how would she pass this property on? She can't, so the trait would not evolve into a trait shared by the entire species just a few select individual members.

The much more likely and supported (I think) theory is that When women become a certain age, the risk of dying in childbirth is much higher and risks the death of unborn children and dependant children she already has, is also higher. Therefore she becomes infertile to avoid her and her children's deaths. Also this process means that the Infertile woman, or "Grandmother", can pass on her wisdom to other younger women who can still bear children and helps the survival of not only her offspring but the entire species. Grandmothers are also hugely important in the development of their Grandchildren, as they then have two or three mothers effectively (Biological and two grandmothers), which means raising a child is not as stressful and draining as it should be, and increases likelihood of survival for the child.

EDIT: I have no idea how I managed to post this four times!  :blush:

ahh the old  Life History theory  .. put forward by 1 person and argued against by many

hardly conclusive stuff  so your theory has as much BS factor as Morley's  :)

ahh the old  Life History theory  .. put forward by 1 person and argued against by many

hardly conclusive stuff  so your theory has as much BS factor as Morley's  :)

Life History Theory? Never hear of that, thought I was explaining the Grandmother Theory, although I don't know much a bout that either so could have horribly butchered the main points, or they could be essential the same theory, so who knows? Proper scientists probably  ;)

As I said I don't know much so don't know how likely it is, but my reasoning for thinking Morley's is more BS than mine, is that in the article Morley mentioned, he said that essentially Women pass on a trait they gain after giving birth so could not pass that on (Paraphrasing a bit), but my theory, (I hate putting that as I didn't come up with and I don't really know too much about it), is more that women of a develop a trait through mutations and pass on those mutations, and that the offspring that benefit from having Grandmothers were more likely to survive so the trait got passed on further until eventually it became a trait the entire species shared.

Reading back my original post I don't think I put it across very well, which I put down to me somehow managing to post it without properly finishing it and doing it about four times, though it now appears to only have happened twice, and not me being a complete moron, though they are probably the same  :)

I think a lot of this stuff is just what you should be posting in the TTPYO thread, but I'll throw in something that truly SHOULD be illegal in my eyes.

Companies harassing you on the phone or via text. I get texts and phone calls at home near every day telling me I might have a PPI claim. **** off, this is harrassment. The selling of customer phone numbers to bullshit companies like this should be illegal. Last week I got 3 phone calls in the space of an hour and a half from the same damn company.

Adverts (not trailers) in cinemas.

Well, they need to make money.

They might make more money if they made the whole cinema experience more customer friendly.

Do you still go to concerts and watch movies in the theatre?

with adverts in cinemas you know how long they will be, 20 minutes, so always add 20 minutes on to the "start" time

i do keep catching that bloody kevin bacon EE advert though

and i still a couple of times a week, with my discount card (unlimited member at cineworld) i get a large drink for £2.50, when you think a bottle of coke that size is now around £1.30 its not that bad, popcorn and sweets i take my own

Edited by villa4europe

When I hear people talking about wanting generally harmless stuff to be banned or made illegal, with no appreciation or care for what they're actually saying in a broader context. That pisses me off and reminds me that we're generally an utterly selfish and highly contemptible creature.

• Like 2

with adverts in cinemas you know how long they will be, 20 minutes, so always add 20 minutes on to the "start" time

i do keep catching that bloody kevin bacon EE advert though

Problem with that is if it's a busy showing you end up sat on the front row and separate to whoever you go with.

I always go to the cinema (relatively) early. I like to have my pick of the seats and if it means sitting through adverts then so be it.

Â