Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Required effect would probably work on me. The same as all the kids making that stupid sucking noise through their teeth every 5 **** seconds on the bus. Humans have evolved to use the most advanced communication known on the planet...surely use your voice rather than sounding like a retard?

People thinking that I'm a pretentious knob when they ask me what music I listen to. I do listen to lots of genres of music... why do people seem to think they should only listen one or two.

Well despite my tirades in the albums threads about just about all rap derivatives, I agree.

If I say I prefer "the old stuff" people seem to assume I only listen to The Beatles. Whereas I'll bet my CD collection is much more genre-busting than most.

I take it One Direction are some talentless boyband?

Can't see what's to get so worked up about

I'm not massive beatles fan, the early stuff is shit but some of the later stuff, let it be and sgt pepper are ok, but comparing one direction to them is frankly bizarre

that is no where near angry enough for one of my rants

i would like to sample one of your rants, if you'd like to pick your best one :P it just gets me so ridiculously wound up, and someone had done it to me a minute or 2 before i saw this thread so i was just smashing my keyboard in rage.

Being made to feel like an arse for not finding someone attractive.

I have no say in the matter, you idiots.

I get this too.

I have a friend at work, female, we're really good mates so I go out with her and her friends a lot.

Her sister also comes out with us and has a thing for me. She's ok looking, I'd bang her, but I wouldn't go out with her. I'm just not attracted to her enough despite recognising she's attractive and a nice girl. Sometimes people just don't do it for you.

BUT, the friends of these two drive me up the wall whenever we go out. It's basically a night of questions about why I don't want to go out with this girl, what's wrong with her, what's wrong with me, you're both single so why not, blah blah blah as if she has some divine right for any bloke to fancy her.

I actually went home early the last time we were on a night out with that lot because it pissed me off so much.

• Like 1

People who choose the treadmill/ cross-trainer/ bike right next to you at the gym when there's a whole bank of them free. But no, they have to use the one next to you. Why? Is it a competitive thing? Do they think they will run faster or longer with someone next to them?

I like my personal space in the gym, I don't really want to be 30 cms away from some sweaty hairy fat bloke at 6.30am.

• Like 1

People who choose the treadmill/ cross-trainer/ bike right next to you at the gym when there's a whole bank of them free. But no, they have to use the one next to you. Why? Is it a competitive thing? Do they think they will run faster or longer with someone next to them?

I like my personal space in the gym, I don't really want to be 30 cms away from some sweaty hairy fat bloke at 6.30am.

On a similar theme, and not something that pisses me off, but more intrigues me; If you sit next to someone on a rower, no matter who it is, or how fast they're going, eventually the pair of you with synchronise.

I get this too.

I have a friend at work, female, we're really good mates so I go out with her and her friends a lot.

Her sister also comes out with us and has a thing for me. She's ok looking, I'd bang her, but I wouldn't go out with her. I'm just not attracted to her enough despite recognising she's attractive and a nice girl. Sometimes people just don't do it for you.

BUT, the friends of these two drive me up the wall whenever we go out. It's basically a night of questions about why I don't want to go out with this girl, what's wrong with her, what's wrong with me, you're both single so why not, blah blah blah as if she has some divine right for any bloke to fancy her.

I actually went home early the last time we were on a night out with that lot because it pissed me off so much.

'This'

I have the same as well. I am friends with a fair few women but I don't fancy them. If I go to lunch with one of them, its always the same childish comments back in the office along the lines of "what you two been up to" and "why don't you two go out properly" and "oh aye, romantic date was it *nudge nudge wink wink*" and all knowing nods and glances etc. Just **** off!

Just overheard a woman at work telling her colleague she bought 2 tickets at £84 each to go and see One Direction. WTF is wrong with this world sometimes?

In this instance, nothing.

I mean, I wouldn't cross the road to see them, but then I might spend a lot of money on something that your colleague would find insane.

People just like what they like, there's no point in getting cross about it. If it makes her happy, it's money well spent.

Â