Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Buying shirts for work.

The problem is 2 fold.

1. Everything is packaged, so you can't try anything on in the shop most of the time. You ahve to sort of guess judging by collar size more than anything! And with slim fit and tailored fit and normal fit and whatever other fit, it's often very hard to guess!

2. The packaging is so ridiculously intricate, that if your shirt doesn't fit as a result of aforementioned packaging, REpackaging it to return the shirt is a bloody nightmare, and usually ends with you sheepishly handing it to the person behind the till looking like a Stevie Wonder wrapped birthday present.

Why do they package shirts like that?!

Radio 1 caters for good taste in music, just not during the day/primetime

(although obviously "good taste in music" is highly subjective)

I would actually agree to an extent. R1 in the evening/at night is pretty decent. The morning and afternoon drive time slots are god awful.

To be totally honest, the same is nearly true of 6 Music. The 2 drivetime slots in the morning and evening by Shaun Keaveny and Steve Lamacq are 2 of the 'least good' shows on the station. They're still OK, but not 'as good'.

Radio 2: washing up

Radio 4: morning/night

Radio 3: working from home

Radio 6: cooking, all other times. Craig Charles' Funk Show and Huey Morgan's show are wicked

Radio 1: Never again, caused by the axing of the Blue Room and replaced with "Radio 1's Aftershow Party with the Trophy Twins", which lasted five minutes and was utter, utter cack before replacing that with the same thing every other show has in dubstep and mass-produced electro that a 14 year old + Ableton can produce. Programming suicide.

Radio 2: washing up

I love the fact you have a specific station for washing up. :P

Radio 6: cooking, all other times. Craig Charles' Funk Show ... wicked

Yep, do like the CCFaSS.

Also love Marc Riley in the evening, and Tom (Peel) Ravenscroft. And Cerys on a sunday.

Bit late to this, but the BBC Radio debate. It (analgue/FM) simply doesn't cater for the 30-40 (or even late 20s) something market. In fact, it hardly caters for anyone with any diverse/decent musical tastes at all.

This is pretty much my opinion on it.

Zane Lowe is pretty good, I'll give them that. I don't mind that they play a lot of dubstep etc, after all they have to go with what's popular, and that's not their fault. But possibly not at 8 in the morning eh?

The only times I ever listen to it are between 8 and half 8 in the morning, and then half 4 to 5 on the way home, so I only ever get Grimshaw and that other fellow. Grimshaw should be shot for crimes against Music, he's so narrow minded with what he plays, which really isn't suitable for your morning commute to work - 10 o clock on a Friday evening, maybe.

But it's still the best of a bad bunch, and that's what really frustrates me.

I actually think (and I don't know how this reflects on me) that mine and Grimshaw's taste in music are similar.

He's quite open about which songs he dislikes when he has to play them and they always seem to be the ones I hate too.

I listend to his show when it was on at 10pm and he got to play a lot more of the stuff he liked and it was much better in terms of music(imo of course)

And he seems to agree that 90's hip hop is the greatest music genre of all time

He peddles out his "Now that's what I call shit 90's hip hop" CD every Friday when he gets the chance to play his "Nicks Tape". It's painful to listen to, takes me right back to being in year 8 at school.

That said, I do agree about his honesty in criticising songs that he doesn't particularly like, I had previously grown quite fond of him for this reason.

I've taken a day off work today, I've got quite a bad cold. I feel as if I could still go to work, but it would be disgusting for everyone else, and I didn't sleep at all last night, so decided to take the day off. My nose is streaming and I feel pretty groggy but I could still work, I think. I feel damn guilty for not going into work because I know that someone else will have to cover my workload today.

Anyone else take a day off work for a bad (man flu style) cold?

Smooth radio. /discussion over.

I'll see your Smooth and raise you a Magic FM. Its got Dr Fox FFS! Broadcasting legend and true rival to Martin Jol in having the biggest head in the Northern Hemisphere.

Â