Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

BBC Radio.

I accept that many do not, but I quite like to listen to the radio on the way to and from work, it gives me a sense of connection with the outside world.

All FM radio stations seem to be fairly tat these days, but no more so than those provided by the BBC. I am 26 years old, and seem to fall smack bang in the middle between the targeted demographics of Radio 1 and Radio 2. Whilst Radio 2 may well be a good station, I'm not particularly interested in listening to E.L.O or some middle class woman's account of restoring the windmill in her back garden. But on the other hand, I'm not a kid, so Radio 1 with it's prank phone calls and dubstep is frankly offensive to my ears.

What the hell does BBC expect a normal twenty something year old to listen to?

• Like 1

Yeah, 6 music is good, I can't realistically expect any radio station to cater for my fairly narrow minded taste in music, so this is as good as it's going to get.

But I don't have DAB radio in the car.

I don't expect Radio 1 to be some kind of Indie Rock alternative station that plays my favourite music, but rave anthems at half 9 on a Friday morning is frankly crap. Atleast when Moyles was there he'd play a variety of stuff, with the general tone of his content being a little more sophisticated than prank calling various celebrities' mums.

At 33, I am way too old for the childish tripe that R1 peddles. It's all Flo-rida, Nicky Minaj and other such shite. Its as bad as Galaxy (now Capital) whose target audience is wannabe gangstas and bacardi breezer sluts.

Radio 2 for me... I do enjoy the Simon Mayo show driving home from work.

I am turning into my Dad.

• Like 2

See, I can accept that Radio 2 is probably very good, but it's too old for me. I like to be listening to new music, and can accept that Radio 1 will always have to pay homage to a lot of modern crap, but it doesn't all have to be crap, and it doesnt have to be aimed at 17 year olds and bloody students either.

They need to come out with Radio 1.5.

I still listen to Radio 1. And I enjoy it, mostly.

Although the fact that Grimshaw uses the 7 oclock to 8 oclock slot as a huge advertisement for the other parts of his show is getting increasingly annoying.

Nothing happens in that hour, apart from me finding out about stuff I'll miss.

BBC Radio.

I accept that many do not, but I quite like to listen to the radio on the way to and from work, it gives me a sense of connection with the outside world.

All FM radio stations seem to be fairly tat these days, but no more so than those provided by the BBC. I am 26 years old, and seem to fall smack bang in the middle between the targeted demographics of Radio 1 and Radio 2. Whilst Radio 2 may well be a good station, I'm not particularly interested in listening to E.L.O or some middle class woman's account of restoring the windmill in her back garden. But on the other hand, I'm not a kid, so Radio 1 with it's prank phone calls and dubstep is frankly offensive to my ears.

What the hell does BBC expect a normal twenty something year old to listen to?

I like the World Service.

Some definitions for the enlightenment of hoteliers and their websites:

A TWIN room has two single beds.

A DOUBLE room has a double bed.

Two single beds pushed together do NOT constitute a double bed.

Happens all the time these days.

Some definitions for the enlightenment of hoteliers and their websites:

A TWIN room has two single beds.

A DOUBLE room has a double bed.

Two single beds pushed together do NOT constitute a double bed.

Happens all the time these days.

Yes Yes this.

When you're the size I am and you reach over to grope the wife for some holiday loving I don't want to be squashed between two beds, landing on top of my alert sailor.

Finally got my bonus paid (£1200, woo. Apparently it was my fault it didn't get paid. Bullshit, they were trying to diddle me) and want to spend a bit of it getting my desktop PC situation sorted as it's 6 years old and slowly dying with the hard drive already hobbled thanks to cyclic redundancy error... but I've not looked at PC spec stuff in about 3 years so barely know whats what these days, making spec-ing up anything a bit of a stab in the dark hopeful punt without spending an age sat there researching everything.

Thankfully I'm alright for some stuff (for now in some cases, fine in others. OS I'm sorted for, thank you working for a company that allowed me to access Microsoft deals) but want to spend a decent wedge getting things to a decent, PC gaming standard and would like a new monitor so it all becomes a bit of an (expensive) mess.

Bit late to this, but the BBC Radio debate. It (analgue/FM) simply doesn't cater for the 30-40 (or even late 20s) something market. In fact, it hardly caters for anyone with any diverse/decent musical tastes at all.

Simple answer - if your car doesn't have DAB (and most don't unless they are very new/decent cars) then get a DAB radio installed. It isn't going to cost the earth, and is well worth it, if you spend any time at all in your car ....

I spend most of my car (radio) time listening to 6 Music/ Radio 4.

I switched from Capital to Radio one when Moyles left. I quite like the show (im 27). Tis a bit annoying when they talk about stuff which will be on air from 8-10am, by then im in the office. But overall i think they play quite a decent variety of music. Zane Lowe show is by far the best.

Â