Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, Xela said:

The manic overreactions of some fans is more annoying. Shows a growing level of entitlement, which is a shame to see.

For me it's as much the arrogant overconfidence in the pre-match threads - "These are dogshit, easy 3-0 Villa win", etc. Inevitably it's the same people calling our players  "spineless bottlers" and the like in the match and post-match threads. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

For me it's as much the arrogant overconfidence in the pre-match threads - "These are dogshit, easy 3-0 Villa win", etc. Inevitably it's the same people calling our players  "spineless bottlers" and the like in the match and post-match threads. 

Some geezer in the match thread was trying to argue with me that Old Trafford should be an easy place to go and get a result. 

The level of delusion is pretty intense. 

If we ever got properly good we'd be every single bit as annoying as Liverpool, Arsenal, Citeh and Yanaated fans. 

• Like 2

The loss was my fault. I hadn't really took any interest for years and when it was 0-2 I googled the result. I cared. The last time that happened Villa were relegated, so you have my word I will not Google avfc again. 

• Sad 2

I am chuffed as to where we are in the league. My worries are about running out of steam a bit.....I don't care if we scrape 1-0 victories over lower teams....three points in the bag is my main priority. 

Bigger boys with their bigger, shinier squads may overtake us and I know January window is usually a damp squib for reinforcements but I do know Unai is better placed to know who we need.

I know the sky 6 press vultures are circling and there are those lot up the road desperate for any viler cockups to distract them from their own shitshow but above all else I am proud of how far we've come in 18 months and it would be justified if they got some official reward.....top 4, a trophy etc.

• Like 1

Not only was I pissed with the Villa result, some no mark manager at work has left me a slightly moody message saying I wasn't present for a teams meeting today and hopes ill be at the briefing tomorrow. 

I have just emailed him back saying  I've missed nothing mate, as me and my team aren't back till the 8th. I do know the guy, unsure why he is messaging me, maybe he did it by mistake. 😂

Not being allowed to take time off this week. I understand why, its busy in the call centre and they aren't allowed to take time off so to be fair no-one can but I am literally looking for things to do to alleviate the boredom.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not being allowed to take time off this week. I understand why, its busy in the call centre and they aren't allowed to take time off so to be fair no-one can but I am literally looking for things to do to alleviate the boredom.

I'm having a great time - without any meetings, work distractions, or reviewing other people's work, in two days of work this week I've completed what would usually be a week of output - with a healthy amount of dossing throughout the days.

It's really opened my eyes how much of my week gets eaten up by unproductive bullshit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm having a great time - without any meetings, work distractions, or reviewing other people's work, in two days of work this week I've completed what would usually be a week of output - with a healthy amount of dossing throughout the days.

It's really opened my eyes how much of my week gets eaten up by unproductive bullshit.

I'd quite welcome some unproductive bullshit right now. :D 

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This, I like Xmas eve and day but a whole week off with crap weather guaranteed is a big no no for me, if I can work it I will, get loads done in peace and quiet , hardly any traffic on the commute, whats not to like. I can use the holidays in the summer, spring or autumn. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Do you want me to turn VT's blog function back on? :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

This trend for garlic bread being garlic butter on pizza base. 

Pizza base is the shittest type of bread anyway. Why the hell would you like that slavered in garlic? 

Even MORE annoying is they've also started using it for Bruschetta recently. I absolutely love Bruschetta and that totally ruins it. 

Pizza base should be used for Pizza and nothing else.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

My two night stay in a train carriage for my train mad 4 year old has been cancelled because of the rain 😞

Was going to take the wife and older son there so they could fish on the river Wye too.

Shame 

If he retains his interest in trains, when he's older you could take him to stay at Currour Station House on the West Highland Line. An actual station, miles from anywhere in Scotland. Nearest road is ten miles away I think and the highest mainline station in the UK

• Like 1

When doing holiday shopping/brainstorming with the wife I always get to the point where I just agree go anything go get it over with. A million questions, variations, dates, hotels, durations. 

I get the point of just saying “book it” to move on from the pain.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

When doing holiday shopping/brainstorming with the wife I always get to the point where I just agree go anything go get it over with. A million questions, variations, dates, hotels, durations. 

I get the point of just saying “book it” to move on from the pain.

I do this with everything. We’re having a party for my son as he’s 2 on Saturday. We started the shopping list about 2 hours ago. It was fine at first. 

Now we’re down to deciding which brand of orange juice to have and my constant answers of “it really doesn’t **** matter” are wearing thin. I stopped caring about an hour ago

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Water biscuits.

Dog shit.

Get rid of 'em

Water biscuits AND dog shit?

Or water biscuits are dog shit?

I agree on both counts. 

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Same. I've realised how productive I am when my colleagues and clients are all on holiday!

Â