Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

What? Nobody on VT? Wake up you lazy bastards!

Mike, why do you need to be at work for more than 14 hours a day during this period? Genuine question.

A Level results day, as he has stated. Also 'clearing' which is where students start panicking when their results don't match their predicted results and they fear they won't get their place at Uni. Mike would be better able to explain the process of clearing, but I fear he may be too busy.

V V Busy time for Mike and his mechanics.

Mike, why do you need to be at work for more than 14 hours a day during this period? Genuine question.

It's the day the school A-Level results come out, and kids may have to switch their university choices depending on how well or badly they do. This is called "clearing".

We have a call centre open for taking changed applications (opens at 7.00 am) and it's crazy busy, especially on Day One (today). The phone operatives (mostly student volunteers) are entering all the information into our database, and I'm the guy who does the I.T. support for it.

It's pretty manic. But I'll make sure to take the odd VT break. :)

It's the day the school A-Level results come out, and kids may have to switch their university choices depending on how well or badly they do. This is called "clearing".

We have a call centre open for taking changed applications (opens at 7.00 am) and it's crazy busy, especially on Day One (today). The phone operatives (mostly student volunteers) are entering all the information into our database, and I'm the guy who does the I.T. support for it.

Over here, A-level results are usually released in March, not August. Obviously this is down to the fact that the school year starts in January here and September/August over on your side (I think?) - which begs the question, why the discrepancy between term start dates?

Ah clearing. i remember the joy of the panic call and the relief of getting in. Have fun mike :D

On topic, re reading my own work and comparing it to all the professionally written books and articles by folk who have done this shit for lots longer. I know its daft but mskes me want to tear up my effort which makes proofreading such a bitch of a chore.

Mates who disappear once they get a new piece of ass. They always come crawling back.

Is it bad to think it's him not the girl as she's a good laugh, but he's a loved up mess every time he finds someone new?

Mates who disappear once they get a new piece of ass. They always come crawling back.

Is it bad to think it's him not the girl as she's a good laugh, but he's a loved up mess every time he finds someone new?

Can relate...good friend of mine who i used to see at least twice a week meets up with a bird and two weeks after they get together, me and my other mates havent seen him in 3 years. Doesnt reply to texts or nothing. Strange.

Im guilty of this though, rarely see mates for months at end as id much rather stay in with my girlfriend.

Over here, A-level results are usually released in March, not August. Obviously this is down to the fact that the school year starts in January here and September/August over on your side (I think?) - which begs the question, why the discrepancy between term start dates?

Southern Hemisphere vs Northern Hemisphere. The Australian school term starts at the end of January as well.

Schools like to have their end of year long break during the summer months though I suppose that doesn't really apply to Singapore on the equator :P

When people leave an answerphone message just saying "Hi wiggy...it's so & so, can you give me a call...cheers"

Do you really need to leave that message? I can see you've called from the missed call alert, i will call you when im ready.

aying that, the whole agro of listening to a voicemail really really pisses me off!!1!!11!

Southern Hemisphere vs Northern Hemisphere. The Australian school term starts at the end of January as well.

Schools like to have their end of year long break during the summer months though I suppose that doesn't really apply to Singapore on the equator :P

137 kilometres (85 mi) north of the equator

;)

At any rate, I think the summer break explanation is the one that makes the most sense, thanks. I had become so used to having more or less the same weather all year round that I forgot just how big a print the seasons continue to have on temperate countries :)

The fact that I started the Breaking Bad thread because I wanted to talk about the show particularly as the new season is currently airing but my bloody dad keeps making me wait to watch them because he wants to watch them too but he's always busy. This means I have to avoid my own thread but on the upside it means I do end up going into the VT relationship Advice Thread which is always a laugh.

Ronnie Irani pretending he knows anything about football on talksport. Rekons Mexico beat brazil due to their 'aztec' sprit!?

that blokes a rocket polisher. that fat word removed he does the show with aint much better. the best thing about talkshite was mike parry, who acted up to be a rocket polisher for the banter.

Â