Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Airport strikes during school holidays , I know its for maximum effect and at 11.50 an hour they deserve a decent pay rise for the shifts they do so just pay them a decent wage ffs. Shift pay should be at least 15% for afternoons and more for nights. Just pay them the money. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Wales the english word for, er, Wales, roughly translates as outsiders / others.

Cymru, the actual name of the country, means friends / fellows / countrymen.

I look forward to this correct naming convention coming in to play.

Yr Wyddfa!

If I live in Pengwern, am I Welsh? Or a Briton.

And is there a difference? :mrgreen:

7 minutes ago, limpid said:

Welsh is an open invite, you’re Welsh if you wanna be Welsh.

True stories:

When my other half was a nipper, the neighbours either side were the Romans and the Britons and they did not like each other.

Not quite the same, but my bestie from across the street had the surname Rice and one day had to go to school and tell the teachers his mum had re married and he was now Curry. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, tinker said:

Airport strikes during school holidays , I know its for maximum effect and at 11.50 an hour they deserve a decent pay rise for the shifts they do so just pay them a decent wage ffs. Shift pay should be at least 15% for afternoons and more for nights. Just pay them the money. 

The company I work for said they'd get it all sorted in time for January, it gets to March and they offer 3%.  There's two wasted months already and a bit of an insult, they then organise one meeting per month until June increasing it each time to 8.5% plus skills payment depending on job role, they won't backpay it until January though, only til March when they gave the original shit offer.  The union just reject anything that's not full backpay.  They've taken so long that it's got to the point where we can really hit them in the nuts with strikes in the summer holidays.  Funnily enough rather than it taking a month to get a meeting, they've organised one for today, 3 days after the ballot results were released.  It’s so predictable.  I reckon the first strike will go ahead but by the second they'll have caved in.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

The company I work for said they'd get it all sorted in time for January, it gets to March and they offer 3%.  There's two wasted months already and a bit of an insult, they then organise one meeting per month until June increasing it each time to 8.5% plus skills payment depending on job role, they won't backpay it until January though, only til March when they gave the original shit offer.  The union just reject anything that's not full backpay.  They've taken so long that it's got to the point where we can really hit them in the nuts with strikes in the summer holidays.  Funnily enough rather than it taking a month to get a meeting, they've organised one for today, 3 days after the ballot results were released.  It’s so predictable.  I reckon the first strike will go ahead but by the second they'll have caved in.

Good luck, hope you get the pay that doing shifts deserves. If the airport management think they can appease passengers with 'their asking for to much' government line then their deluded. The damage they will do to an already poorly run airport will last for years. 

• Like 1

Twitter journalists and fake ITK's who begin their sentence with UNDERSTAND. 

So it's less like they're imparting information to me and more like they're trying to forcefully make a point to me like I'm an idiot. 

If YOU understand it then say I understand knob head. 

And what you understand is bollocks anyway. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

*cough*

Hide contents

leprechaun_b.png

They're extinct now! Well, except for the president. But he lives in the zoo.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, limpid said:

It's funny how's things happen. I'd never heard of Pengwern until I saw this video this morning.

And now it's on here.

• Like 2

Gresford and his stupid thread.

Villa fans who still chomp his dong because he puts 5k in a GoFundMe for a bloonose (or anyone).

Point one; why not do it anonymously .

Point two; five grand to him is like ten pence to any of us. Big deal.

Don’t give a **** what anyone thinks, he’s just trying to make himself look good. Anyone without the massive ego would have donated anonymously.

I await his fan club with tin hat on and large blunt instrument. 

🧌

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

When you're in a restaurant which is almost empty but a group sit on the table next to you. 

Enjoy my egg powered crop dusting your bellzoids.

Move to Plovdiv. You know, a city with culture. ;)

26 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

When you're in a restaurant which is almost empty but a group sit on the table next to you. 

Enjoy my egg powered crop dusting your bellzoids.

This happens a lot, I believe it's so the servers only have to deal with one area if there are not many clients.

I've been in a totally empty Indian restuarant and someone else has arrived, the waiter then guides them to the table behind/in front of us.

59 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

This happens a lot, I believe it's so the servers only have to deal with one area if there are not many clients.

I've been in a totally empty Indian restuarant and someone else has arrived, the waiter then guides them to the table behind/in front of us.

Yeah it's this.

Restaurants often work in sections. A waiter will look after everything in their section rather than doing bits on every table in the restaurant.

If you don't have many tables booked you put them all in one section, one waiter to a section etc

That being said, in a small restaurant it really shouldn't matter. And if someone is choosing their own table then it's weird behaviour

124184126_10215494349712482_7740341242101727021_o-683x1024.thumb.jpg.e840a2ef45ef1650c7c05f5d76807ffd.jpg

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Move to Plovdiv. You know, a city with culture. ;)

Absolutely, we plan to retire there. If anyone has a chance to get to Plovdiv for a few days it's well worth it.

download.jpeg

Edited by AVFC_Hitz
  • Like 1

Â